Join for free
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2010, 08:59 PM

Mobile for my Dad

My Dad is 90 years old and even though he is very much with it he does have problems using mobiles as he has trouble with his fingers. I have bought him this mobile phone, it's quite expensive but will be brilliant for him although you can only ring four people.

I'll let you know how we get on with it when it comes.

Doro Handle Plus 334 Easy to Use Mobile Phone

The Doro Handle Plus 334 is one of the most basic and easy to use mobile phones available. The Doro HandlePlus 334 follows on from the success of the Doro Handle Plus 324 and has been improved to make it even easier to use.

The Handle Plus 334 has a white on black screen with large text and fonts, ideal for people with limited dexterity, the doro handle plus 334 has four big preset buttons which can be programmed to call four numbers, the doro handle plus 334 has very BIG rubberized buttons.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2010, 09:00 PM

Re: Mobile for my Dad

I'll try and get a picture of it.

http://www.easytousemobiles.com/shop...RB&shop_param=

That's the one in the picture. It will be brilliant for him.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2010, 09:46 PM

That's a good idea Alicat!

There are some phones that let you dial by 'voice' too - so you hold down one button and then say who you want to call
Alicat
West Berkshire

23-08-2010, 09:49 PM

Azz, I had an old mobile once and you could use voice activation on that but you had to talk in the same tone for it to work. You had to say it in exactly the same way and that wasn't always easy, because of that it didn't work very well.

I'm still waiting for this new mobile to be delivered.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2010, 11:45 PM

Is the Samsung Jitterbug phone now available in the UK? Wasn't the last time I checked, but excellent for older users: voice dial, large key pad , dial tone. no exteaneous apps to bother with.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2010, 11:48 PM

That looks a great phone for an elderly person, Alicat ...... very clear and easy to use.

I hope your Dad finds it suits him.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top