Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2010, 06:04 PM

Re: I didn't know about this - TV on the web

I had a good laugh with my Son in the back garden today, he got me a second hand emac and he was setting it up in the shed at the very bottom of the garden, the signal was not very strong so he told me to hang my dongle out the shed window facing the house. 'You must be joking' says I, then I realized he was talking about the little fat thing at the end of the cable I was holding, and we finally had liftoff. It's great now, I can listen to Nutsie's years of hits from 1954 onwards while I work, the radio was good but now I can select my own year and type of music, pure joy!.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2010, 09:01 PM

Those dongles - dingle dangle them in the right place and they are very clever, but your's must be cleverer than mine Jemflex because mine will still not let my laptop and desktop PC work together with each other. I've given up now. Is Nutsies a website - if it is I might have a try at getting it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2010, 09:22 PM

Yes Nutsie is a site, I'm sure you'd like it Aerolor because you can select what you like.
The dongle thing, my lad had to do something to the emac first to make it "Talk" to the modem in the house, don't know what it was (maybe he told it a bit of scandal) but it worked. Keep smiling.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2010, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
You can also get the other TV services free -
there`s bbc iplayer
itv player
and channel 4 OD.

I watch a lot of stuff on the pc because i can watch it when i want to.
This won't effect most of the OFF people but you can not get BBC TV online if your computer has a 'foreign' URL the BBC system can tell when a computer from outside the UK is trying to log on and gives you a message which basically says that some kind of licence agreement prevents any BBC TV programs from being seen on line abroad.

The daft thing is that all the BBC radio programs are available on line anywhere in the world.

I haven't tried ITV but I've a feeling they are the same.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

16-09-2010, 05:29 PM

Maybe one of the technical members would be kind enough to explain this to me.
Looking at the news on the Pope arriving in Scotland today, I noticed several of those extra large TV screens spread about where he was going to say Mass and they all showed up perfectly clear and visible, yet on one of the nicer days last week when I took the small (LCD) TV out to the back garden to watch the racing I couldn't see a bloody thing on the screen!, have they a special type screen thats visible in daylight?, if so are they made smaller for the domestic market?,

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top