Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 09:41 PM

Re: Google Chrome

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Just you wait

Mind you...some folk are lucky, I was always an unlucky one when whoever handed luck out

And I am thick when it comes to technology
Pesta the update I had was was some days ago the 9th and took place automatically
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Pesta the update I had was was some days ago the 9th and took place automatically
Was it just an ordinary update or are you lumbered with the black/grey screen with the 'i' in a circle on the left too?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 09:53 PM

Was it just an ordinary update or are you lumbered with the black/grey screen with the 'i' in a circle on the left too?
Some of the icons have changed, the homepage is an arrow instead of a little house , arrows and reload are thinner and other little changes but nothing major
There is a little I in the address bar if I point at it it says view site information.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 09:53 PM

I got a message the other day telling me I was still using an old version of Google Chrome and would I like to update it. I said 'No thanks' and kicked it into the long grass......But It downloaded anyway. Talk about being in control!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 10:00 PM

Some of the icons have changed, the homepage is an arrow instead of a little house , arrows and reload are thinner and other little changes but nothing major
There is a little I in the address bar if I point at it it says view site information.
If you click on the little 'i' it tells you the site is not private.

You want to Google the uproar about it - there's plenty of sites with folk F'ing and Geffing, as I found this afternoon. So many uptight people. Some have problems with dark colour and viewing tabs. Nothing to assist them to change the colour back to help them with their problems.

It's the 'control' act...you know, like it or lump it scenario from Google.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

19-09-2016, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I got a message the other day telling me I was still using an old version of Google Chrome and would I like to update it. I said 'No thanks' and kicked it into the long grass......But It downloaded anyway. Talk about being in control!
I wasn't asked Bob it just updated ...
If you click on the little 'i' it tells you the site is not private.
Oh yes it is happening on lots of sites some details here...

https://www.entrust.com/chrome-show-...es-not-secure/

Thanks Pesta I will mention it to Admin .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

19-09-2016, 10:23 PM

Pesta even the BBC weather site says not Private

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/7290434
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

19-09-2016, 10:30 PM

Changes described here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ3XQLqzU34
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

19-09-2016, 10:33 PM

Pesta even the BBC weather site says not Private

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/7290434
Yes I know Meg. See my original post:

.....(snip)....

The appearance is now dark grey or black and where the http and green lock used to be it's now a circle with an 'i' in it.
Clicking on that says 'Your connection to this site is not private'.
Every site I have previously used was secure with the green padlock.
But, according to Google Chrome, they aren't/weren't secure
(including this one BTW) and my BT account and emails.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2016, 10:35 PM

I use Firefox and I also have the 'i' showing .....

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top