Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2010, 11:08 AM

Re: New laptop - what do you recommend?

Glad you're happy with your new laptop Alicat, it's always difficult to make a decision over something like "which computer?" ........ I take the easy route out and let my son decide as he knows better than me what would suit me!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I take the easy route out and let my son decide as he knows better than me what would suit me!
That's exactly what I did Mags, he surfed the net, tried to show me which ones were the best, I just told him to choose (how would I know?). Took me to the shop to try out the keyboard, lugged it home and set it all up for me. All I had to do was pay for it and make him cups of tea.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2010, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
That's exactly what I did Mags, he surfed the net, tried to show me which ones were the best, I just told him to choose (how would I know?). Took me to the shop to try out the keyboard, lugged it home and set it all up for me. All I had to do was pay for it and make him cups of tea.
Sons have their uses don't they!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2010, 02:15 PM

Nice one Alicat - post pics of it
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2010, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Glad you're happy with your new laptop Alicat, it's always difficult to make a decision over something like "which computer?" ........ I take the easy route out and let my son decide as he knows better than me what would suit me!
I know what you mean Mags. When I got a virus on my 10 inch notebook I took it into a local computer shop where they fixed it for me and I asked them which is the best laptops to get and they suggested Toshiba. That was about five months ago now as I put off getting a new laptop. I just read loads of online reviews about the makes I was interested in before buying.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2010, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
You were very sensible to try out the keyboards maryl, people forget about doing that but I didn't.

You and Mags are very lucky having family to set it all up for you, hubby and I are like the blind leading the blind!
Alicat
West Berkshire

31-10-2010, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Nice one Alicat - post pics of it
Okay will do. I wish I knew more about computers, there's so many functions on this laptop and different things and I haven't a clue what you do with them. Wish I was more technical.
Alicat
West Berkshire

05-11-2010, 04:54 PM

A photo as promised of it. My Toshiba Satellite L650D. I'm very pleased with it, the only comment I do have is that the two USB points are at the front left and when stuff is plugged into them like the printer and mouse, it gets in the way of the mouse mat, but then I suppose alot of people don't use an external mouse with it. I find the internal mouse alright to use on this laptop but it is very sensitive and just going over something it automatically clicks itself, it doesn't do that with my external mouse.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

05-11-2010, 11:12 PM

Looks very nice Alicat, I'm glad you're pleased with it....
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2010, 01:20 AM

Looks really nice Alicat!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top