Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 05:16 AM

Re: Bad chest conjestion.

Only 6 antibiotic tablets? They must be potent ones then.
The medicine the doctors given you is good to help clear up your lungs but I would continue applying Vick’s vapour rub on your chest especially at night before going to bed. It will help break the phlegm up in your lungs. It’s got camphor oil and menthol in it which are natural oils that are very beneficial for helping to breath better. They will also help you to breathe deeper. If you start having panic attacks the first thing you should always do is take deep long breaths.

Remember to take some probiotics once you are finished your antibiotics to replenish the good bacteria in your system.
Lemon and honey is very healing and I know you have the ingredients.
It will help strengthen your immune system which is what you need right now.
Trust me!

Wishing you the best
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I saw the PCP on Wednesday and again yesterday. On both days they gave me a nebulizer treatment with some kind of liquid medicine that I breathed deeply. each time I could breathe easier for 6-7 hours. but then right back to where I started.

Not being able to breathe has brought on panic attacks. Geez, talk about scary.

Today I picked up the 2 new meds. An anti biotic, 6 tablets only, and a steroid, 10 tablets only. I don't know what the heck they think so few tablets are going to accomplish.

Makes me so angry that I am not getting the care I need. I know damn well that if I was a famous celebrity they'd get me well double-quick.

Last night I bought some Valium in Mexico and the panic attacks stopped dead in their tracks (Dr Rx not needed).

In addition to everything else, I have just started breathing in Hot salt water mixed with Vicks Vapo-Rub.

I have come to the conclusion that , basically, I'm on my own
These are extraordinarily ill informed comments to make about your medication.
The number of pills is irrelevant, It's the content and dosage that matters.
I suggest you research the name, and go easy on the Valium!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 12:33 PM

What do we know about meds supplied in another country ?
6 pills might be enough ?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 12:51 PM

New meds. Azithromycin 250/mg/day.. 6 tabs only

Prednisone . 20 mg tablets … 10 tablets only. 2 /day

This is the beginning of the 2md day on these meds.

have been taking Combivent* Respimat as an inhalation thearpy every. 6 hrs.

doing hot salt water with vapo rub as an inhaler.

1 to 2 tabets of clonaxepam/day. 1 mg/tab. Does not work at all. Anti-panic med. It used to work, but no longer.

deep breathing, (without meds )does no good at all.

I suspect the Drs know exactly what is wrong with me , but do not want to tell me that I am dying., because I am old.

within the last 12 days: mild heart attack, bad chest congestion and clusters of panic attacks.

In addition to undiagnosable chronic diarrhea X 7 years
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 01:02 PM

The amount of Azizthromycin would fit what I just saw online

infections, bacterial
[500 mg PO x1 on day 1, then 250 mg PO q24h x4 days

I suffered panic attacks during the menopause and the only thing that helped me was to distract my brain although using the paper bag over the mouth method did afford some. Funnily enough I did this a few times by going online reading about other people’s experiences . As this was sometimes late or during at night and I grew cold sitting there it was that that brought me to the realisation that I was no longer panicking ,just feeling cold .
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 01:43 PM

New meds. Azithromycin 250/mg/day.. 6 tabs only

Prednisone . 20 mg tablets … 10 tablets only. 2 /day

This is the beginning of the 2md day on these meds.

have been taking Combivent* Respimat as an inhalation thearpy every. 6 hrs.

doing hot salt water with vapo rub as an inhaler.

1 to 2 tablets of clonazepam/day. 1 mg/tab. Does not work at all. Anti-panic med. It used to work, but no longer.

deep breathing, (without meds )does no good at all.

I suspect the Drs know exactly what is wrong with me, but do not want to tell me that I am dying., because I am old.

within the last 12 days: mild heart attack, bad chest congestion and clusters of panic attacks.

In addition to undiagnosable chronic diarrhoea X 7 years
That surprised me, and why do you think you are dying Bakerman????
Thoughts and prayers from me. x
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
That surprised me, and why do you think you are dying Bakerman????
Thoughts and prayers from me. x
I can feel it both physically and mentally.
I should not be this incredibly weak. Too tired to mop my whole floor. That is not normal. Even at 72 that is not normal.
Plus clusters of panic attacks are telling me something.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 01:59 PM

I can feel it both physically and mentally.
I should not be this incredibly weak. Too tired to mop my whole floor. That is not normal. Even at 72 that is not normal.
Plus clusters of panic attacks are telling me something.
Stress will only increase the panic. Have you tried relaxation techniques? You are NOT old silly. Did you buy a panic alarm as I suggested?
You have lots of support on this forum.
Try and focus on positive things, my lovely friend.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
These are extraordinarily ill informed comments to make about your medication.
The number of pills is irrelevant, It's the content and dosage that matters.
I suggest you research the name, and go easy on the Valium!
I'm on Valium which I'm probably addicted to now as I no longer notice any effect. If I stopped taking them I'd soon notice.

I've been on them for panic attacks for about 2 years after the Mindfullness course and CBT didn't do any good. Even on the Valium I'm still slightly agoraphobic.
Zuleika
North West UK

08-09-2018, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'm on Valium which I'm probably addicted to now as I no longer notice any effect. If I stopped taking them I'd soon notice.

I've been on them for panic attacks for about 2 years after the Mindfullness course and CBT didn't do any good. Even on the Valium I'm still slightly agoraphobic.
I’d say you’d not notice if you withdrew slowly depending on what strength you’re using .

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top