Join for free
Page 33 of 34 « First < 23 31 32 33 34 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 06:19 PM

Re: Supreme Court nominee accused

Bit of a long article.

But an interesting insight into the man.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/07/...Vjh6N0ZRIn0%3D
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
You do???

I wouldn't mind if he was just some orange idiot who lived in my town and everyone was kind of fond of him because of his innocent weirdness and funny little ways...

But he's not.
And he doesn't.
And people aren't.
And his ways aren't weird or funny or innocent.
They're deadly.
That's one of the things that amuses me about liberals. They just make up things and then act as if they are true.
Kind of like how little children do.

Ha Ha. Deadly ? HOW ? Cite an example
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Someone needs to learn basic math, 50% voted for; 48% voted against; 2% non-votes
Really I wonder how some people got through primary school.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
The hysterical mob baying for "justice" in this case, who seem to want to demand that any woman who makes any sort of accusation against a man has to be believed, are ridiculous and do themselves no favours for it would be a dangerous precedent to bow to the howling mob rather than adhere to the rules of justice. Therein lies anarchy.

There also needs to be time limits put on the reporting of crime to avoid this type of situation arising again, where an historic accusation can destroy someone's life without any evidence, and without any chance of ever proving the facts. That's so wrong...
I am a woman and a feminist and I totally agree .
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 07:28 PM

There have also been issues raised about his temperament and partisanship by various sections of the legal profession and even by a retired Supreme Court judge.
Supreme Court judges are supposed to be like Caesar’s wife and that certainly isn’t the case with Kavanaugh.

By the way...anyone who still thinks Trump is intelligent, have a read of this...

Trump on evolution:
"You know, I don’t really believe in that stuff.
Man coming from monkeys and apes? I don’t think so.
We are much more advanced than animals.
We are smarter by far.
Could a monkey write ‘The Art of the Deal’?
Could a monkey oversee the development of the most luxurious golf courses in the world?
Could an animal produce ‘The Apprentice’, one of the most successful television shows in history?
Hell no!”

"So you liberals can believe in evolution. You can trust the scientists.
The same scientists, by the way, that push global warming even as New York gets colder and colder every winter. It’s absurd.”

He makes me shudder and my skin crawl...
Sorry but

What has Trump got to do with this??? its so far off topic it should fall off the edge of the world.

The only connection is that the POTUS nominates a Judge to the SC.

And they have since 1783.

Must admit that bringing climate into the Topic makes me
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 09:13 PM

There is a pretty good chance that another Supreme Court Justice will retire or pass-on during Trump's first term in office.
I guarantee he will nominate another conservative, strict constructionist. If so, expect another nasty, low-down dirty trick by the Democrats, but this time it won't be sexual assault. That trick is temporarily out of play.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 01:04 AM

and perhaps my final comments on this entire debacle:

the republicans [especially the female ones - NO not just the female ones but any decent men too!] should hang their heads in shame - why?

Donald Trump has been clearly identified as a chauvinistic pig on many occasions. The most lurid was caught on camera and audio - remember that ? explaining to another male that when he meets other women as part of his duties he often 'grabs them by the crutch - and they are so surprised he gets away with it ' or words to that effect.

He is still being investigated for various fraud charges as are the rest of his family baring his young son??

There are those in govt who are still investigating impeachment options.

That the republican party can continue to back such a person and wish him to be their leader clearly demonstrates their stupidity and general lack of direction.

I finish with a paraphrase from the Australian parliamentary system:

" God save the statue of liberty - because nothing will save the republicans or the supreme court of the USA!.........."
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 01:39 AM

They are not stupid.He has given them what they want,tax cuts and a conservative Supreme Court judge.
Watch out for more ,their motto should be "Profit before People"
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
and perhaps my final comments on this entire debacle:

the republicans [especially the female ones - NO not just the female ones but any decent men too!] should hang their heads in shame - why?

Donald Trump has been clearly identified as a chauvinistic pig on many occasions. The most lurid was caught on camera and audio - remember that ? explaining to another male that when he meets other women as part of his duties he often 'grabs them by the crutch - and they are so surprised he gets away with it ' or words to that effect.

He is still being investigated for various fraud charges as are the rest of his family baring his young son??

There are those in govt who are still investigating impeachment options.

That the republican party can continue to back such a person and wish him to be their leader clearly demonstrates their stupidity and general lack of direction.

I finish with a paraphrase from the Australian parliamentary system:

" God save the statue of liberty - because nothing will save the republicans or the supreme court of the USA!.........."
Agree. Agree. Agree.

Personally I have not the slightest doubt Kavanagh got legless at the party and attacked Ford - it's exactly how those rich students behaved in those days and as I understand it, still do today.

So now the US has a conservative (probably biased) Judge with a life-time seat on the Supreme Court AND added to that, he's in Trump's pocket.

There is nothing, but nothing, unbiased or unpartisan about the situation, most right thinking Americans are horrified.

But having said that I don't deny K has had a glittering career and it's just possible that the episode has taught him something?
Not sure what!

Threads like this tend to go downhill fast and end up going round in circles once the moment has passed, I've said all I want so I'm bowing out now.
It's been an interesting discussion, and apart from one notable personal barb, lacking the usual insults.
Thank you.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

08-10-2018, 07:16 PM

Agree. Agree. Agree.

Personally I have not the slightest doubt Kavanagh got legless at the party and attacked Ford - it's exactly how those rich students behaved in those days and as I understand it, still do today.

So now the US has a conservative (probably biased) Judge with a life-time seat on the Supreme Court AND added to that, he's in Trump's pocket.

There is nothing, but nothing, unbiased or unpartisan about the situation, most right thinking Americans are horrified.

But having said that I don't deny K has had a glittering career and it's just possible that the episode has taught him something?
Not sure what!

Threads like this tend to go downhill fast and end up going round in circles once the moment has passed, I've said all I want so I'm bowing out now.
It's been an interesting discussion, and apart from one notable personal barb, lacking the usual insults.
Thank you.
NO think most normal Americans are not its only the Left wing Dems

Page 33 of 34 « First < 23 31 32 33 34 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top