Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 11:58 PM

Re: slaughter free meat

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I find that point hard to understand because animals were here before humans. I don't think we created potatoes or other vegetables. We have interfered with nature but we are part of it, it's not there for us, it is there for nature & we are nature. If we disappeared from the planet I am sure that there would still be potatoes. After all we don't cultivate deadly nightshade but it springs up regardless.

EXACTLY
, Annie.

That's what I meant. Humans didn't invent animals, and they would still be here without us interfering.

Oh Gawd, I said I wasn't going to say anymore.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What utter bunkum! Animals wouldn't exist if it wasn't for meat ey? And animals wouldn't exist if it wasn't for us 'allowing' them to be here?
Do you think humans invented them then?

Then tell me where the first animals on our planet came from then?
Were they man made then?
Did Adam and Eve invent birds, insects, mammals, fish in test tubes?
Must have been a sizeable test tube for the Dinosaurs.

Unless you meant to say the vast number of animals bred for human consumption would dramatically drop if there weren't so many humans on the planet?
Is that what you should have said perhaps?

It was the humans who bred like sex-mad rabbits and multiplied and multiplied.
Then some bright sparks thought it a good idea to import millions more humans from their own countries, add a few more, so there wasn't enough food to go round. What a good idea!

Then even more bright sparks thought it another good idea to start 'Intensive Farming' methods to feed all these humans they found they found themselves with?

Animals would certainly NOT die out if we didn't eat them, but the ones that remained would escape intensive farming systems and their miserable existence until their death.

And seeing as you keep mentioning farmers, I will tell you I was married to one, so do know a little about their way of life - do you?

I also kept over 200 poultry, water fowl, guinea fowl, peacocks, and aviary birds, as well as 11 dairy goats - and never ate a single one. So don't tell me animals would die out if it wasn't for humans. Some of us just love and enjoy them too.

In fact if you think animals are only kept to eat and be used, your poor dog hadn't better turn his back on you for long!

I have said all I want to say on this subject.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 12:01 AM

EXACTLY
, Annie.

That's what I meant. Humans didn't invent animals, and they would still be here without us interfering.
They would and the World would be fine without us, we just need to be more respectful to what we have on earth but many don't see it that way
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 12:51 AM

What utter bunkum! Animals wouldn't exist if it wasn't for meat ey? And animals wouldn't exist if it wasn't for us 'allowing' them to be here?
Do you think humans invented them then?

Then tell me where the first animals on our planet came from then?
Were they man made then?
Did Adam and Eve invent birds, insects, mammals, fish in test tubes?
Must have been a sizeable test tube for the Dinosaurs.

Unless you meant to say the vast number of animals bred for human consumption would dramatically drop if there weren't so many humans on the planet?
Is that what you should have said perhaps?

It was the humans who bred like sex-mad rabbits and multiplied and multiplied.
Then some bright sparks thought it a good idea to import millions more humans from their own countries, add a few more, so there wasn't enough food to go round. What a good idea!

Then even more bright sparks thought it another good idea to start 'Intensive Farming' methods to feed all these humans they found they found themselves with?

Animals would certainly NOT die out if we didn't eat them, but the ones that remained would escape intensive farming systems and their miserable existence until their death.

And seeing as you keep mentioning farmers, I will tell you I was married to one, so do know a little about their way of life - do you?

I also kept over 200 poultry, water fowl, guinea fowl, peacocks, and aviary birds, as well as 11 dairy goats - and never ate a single one. So don't tell me animals would die out if it wasn't for humans. Some of us just love and enjoy them too.

In fact if you think animals are only kept to eat and be used, your poor dog hadn't better turn his back on you for long!

I have said all I want to say on this subject.
Once again, you seem totally miss the point.
The topic is slaughter free meat. Can we stick to that please?

I'm not claiming, as you incorrectly infer, that we humans invented animals. That would be an utterly stupid claim. And not very sensible of you suggest that.

To put it simply, the vast majority of meat eaten by humans or other carnivores is bred for that purpose. For slaughter and consumption. Those wouldn't exist if humans had not bred them for that and did not buy the meat products.

I don't think that farmers would breed livestock if there was no return on their investment. Do you really think that to be be the case?

And I am not suggesting for a moment that animals would die out if we didn't breed them. Another monumental error. Please try to read what I actually posted. What we eat meat from is animals specifically bred for that.

How many Aberdeen Angus cattle do you see in the wild?
And I didn't say animals were kept to just eat. Yet another gaffe.

Farming?. Yes I know just a little bit about the way of life. I was brought up on a hill farm in Scotland. Around 3,000 sheep. Lambing usually coincided with Easter holidays. The lambing shepherd lodged with us and I did the rounds with him. Around 200 cattle beasts. Stirks for the most part.My dog then loved them. A few milk cows to meet our needs.

Just a way of life.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 12:30 AM

I see you have avoided what you said before - the very thing I was disputing.

Tara said:

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Animals are there for human use,

You replied:

I agree with you. They wouldn't exist if there was no market for meat products - (Your post 17).

This is what I was disputing, and that is why I said of course animals would exist if humans didn't eat them.

I haven't changed my mind, and am not likely to either.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 11:53 AM

I see you have avoided what you said before - the very thing I was disputing.

Tara said:

Animals are there for human use,

You replied:

I agree with you. They wouldn't exist if there was no market for meat products - (Your post 17).

This is what I was disputing, and that is why I said of course animals would exist if humans didn't eat them.

I haven't changed my mind, and am not likely to either.
Of course animals would still exist. What I am trying to point out is that the meats that are eaten but bipeds IS bred for that purpose. We don't eat tigers.
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2018, 09:38 PM

Animals are there for human use, I have absolutely no problem in them being slaughtered for meat as long as it can be done with as little discomfort as possible.
Oh Tarantula! The Katie Hopkins of Over Fifties Forums
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

26-10-2018, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Yolande ->
Oh Tarantula! The Katie Hopkins of Over Fifties Forums
What meats can you find in a butcher's shop?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
What meats can you find in a butcher's shop?
Beef, Pork, Lamb, (used to find also) Rabbit, Camel, Bison, Eland, Kangaroo, Kudu, Ostrich, Water Buffalo, Wildebeeste & Zebra.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Beef, Pork, Lamb, (used to find also) Rabbit, Camel, Bison, Eland, Kangaroo, Kudu, Ostrich, Water Buffalo, Wildebeeste & Zebra.
where the heck did you shop?

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top