Join for free
Page 60 of 107 « First < 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 02:45 PM

Re: What have you done with your camera today

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A brilliant shot gasman, one of the best wildlife shots I have seen on here. You even captured the raindrops. I like the fact that the background is ''out of focus'', much better than a sharp background with a fuzzy bird.
I agree, I like a faded background it enhances the subject. It happens a lot with macro shots which are my favourites.
I know 'cos I'm a fuzzy bird!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I agree, I like a faded background it enhances the subject. It happens a lot with macro shots which are my favourites.
I know 'cos I'm a fuzzy bird!

I know, that's why I mentioned it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 03:49 PM

I doubt it's the first time it has happened either.
Probably not, if they don't say it can't.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I didn't know that so looked it up & lots & lots of people saying it shouldn't have been on the calendar at all. I agree, it's not wild. They should specify no professional photographers & in the wild only.
Totally agree Tiffany. It was in the rules, however, in my mind, it was still cheating. Countryfile is all about nature in the wild and not set up at home.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 09:51 PM

A brilliant shot gasman, one of the best wildlife shots I have seen on here. You even captured the raindrops. I like the fact that the background is ''out of focus'', much better than a sharp background with a fuzzy bird.
Thanks LD for your comments- much appreciated and glad that you saw the raindrops With most wildlife photography, you need the background out of focus to emphasize on the subject, otherwise your eyes could bypass the main subject. You have the whole of the photo in focus for landscapes normally.
gasman
Kent, UK

29-11-2019, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Super pic Gasman.
Thanks Emjay
gasman
Kent, UK

30-11-2019, 12:17 AM

Great White Egret in silhouette
gasman
Kent, UK

30-11-2019, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
read the exif data
Yours or mine?
gasman
Kent, UK

30-11-2019, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Come on guys, let’s not fall out.
As for the winning shot on the Countryfile calendar, I was surprised when they showed how it was taken.
Talk about fake news, more like fake nature shot.
Emjay, we will not fall out. Baz has the gear to take good photos, unfortunately, he doesn't want to learn how to use them properly. I have tried to encourage him to learn, however, I have spoken in PM to others on here and they agree, his photos are out of focus! It is not my monitor. He gives continuous 'technical advice' but doesn't put it into practice. I belong to a professional photographers website and if I put up shots like RS's, I would be laughed out of school.
How many 'new' shots have you seen from him?
I appreciate that this isn't a photographic site and no way do I like berating a fellow member of this fine site.
However, with his limited photographic skills, I appreciate what he is trying to achieve.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2019, 10:03 AM

Not strictly today but on the weekend. For my youngest son's 30th birthday the entire family went camping to Wollondilly River Station for a couple of days. It was at the end of a long dirt road but well worth the effort, the river was lovely to soak in.

The 1899 single lane tunnel still in use today.

Our camp stretched from the foreground tents to the two cars in the background. My grandson snuck in the picture. We had to kick a lot of roo poo out of the way before we put up the tents.

Originally we were going to a state forest near Batemans Bay BUT the Braidwood Fire meant that the Canberra contingent couldn't get down the Kings Highway to the coast. Thank gawd we changed it because the Currowan fire would have cut me off from returning directly via the Princes Highway.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	191130 008 Andrews Birthday Camping Trip Wollondilly River Station.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	11162   Click image for larger version

Name:	191130 022 Andrews Birthday Camping Trip Wollondilly River Station.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	11163   Click image for larger version

Name:	191201 009 Andrews Birthday Camping Trip Wollondilly River Station.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	11164  

Page 60 of 107 « First < 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top