Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Ford Prefect
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Ford Prefect is male 

04-02-2011, 02:31 AM

Re: What was your latest DIY project?

I do precious little for myself as can't be fussed after doing all day for others. I've had a few clients tell me to do the same quality of work for them as I would for myself. I quickly tell them, "no, you don't", as stuff I do for myself is functional but doesn't always look the best.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2011, 10:23 AM

I GMI! (Get a mate in). Guy down the road is going to concrete my grate so I can put a new gas fire in.. well, his dad can.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Here's a little fixer-upper I've had my eye on for some time. Notice the upstairs loft.
Bob, who gave you permission to photgraph my house
marilyno07
Gloucestershire
marilyno07 is female  marilyno07 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2011, 09:20 AM

<My husband tried to make a raised bed on a piece of garden. Sounds easy - 4 pieces of wood - he made such a fuss - cant tell him it looks really crap. I'll now have to plant some flowers that will fall over the structure.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2011, 09:44 AM

lol we now have to go down the line of gsi,
i used to do the painting but this is getting too much now,
and as far as my husbands diy skills are concerned, he doesent know which way up the screwdriver goes, bless him,
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2011, 08:08 PM

I painted one room a couple of years ago then called in a pro (known here as Ford Prefect) to do the kitchen for me. Oh, and if changing a light bulb counts I've got lots of experience at that.
marilyno07
Gloucestershire
marilyno07 is female  marilyno07 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2011, 09:33 AM

My husband started the living room last year - I am waiting for him to finish off the skirting boards - his reply - no-one looks down there.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2011, 01:51 AM

I don't do DIY. I do IPYD! (I pay, you do!)
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2011, 07:26 PM

The last thing I did in DIY was a little wooden box for the Wife (not for the reason you think) to put flowers in, she had bought the planks of treated wood and had me pestered for weeks to make it. I never made anything from planks before so she was taking a big chance, however I was surprised at how well it turned out. Now all the neighbours want one but I tell them I only do one-offs.
marilyno07
Gloucestershire

18-05-2011, 09:45 AM

I am now on a mission to get all the jobs done round the house starting with the Hallway/landing. Have now covered my holes in the hallway. The wall I painted Monday - dont like the colour so will have to repaint it (more money). Going to paint the hallway doors the weekend (the ones my husband was going to do last year). Im going to be busy.

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top