Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2013, 10:13 PM

Re: Tired

Lots of hugs from here too! Hope things get better for you soon! x
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2013, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->

p.s. - no point in putting a lock on the door as he works in a hardware store and has a set of lock picks. I assume they can be used to open locks but not lock something again, which is why the fire-proof box is now unlocked.
Why not buy a small safe? they are cheap enough and have either mechanical or electronic combination locks. Only you need to know the combination. His picks will be no good then.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2013, 08:40 AM

Hazel - yes, as he couldn't lock the fire-box again he may be watching for a comment from me.
The problem with staying silent Annie is that is can also be interpreted (by the inane) that you don't disapprove. I would mention it (non-confrontationally) that you like to keep your items private and that people are welcome to look at them but they need to ask you first. That will let your daughter know something has happened.

I'm just so very tired today. Lately I feel like my "time" has come and gone and that's hard to explain other than I don't feel like there's much ahead any more. Maybe it's just the fatigue from the long drive and that's all.
Stop reading the news and stop watching it - go for internet versions where you can pick and choose what you want to be exposed to and that way, you can reduce some of the negativity.

Sometimes, when I feel like you do (in that last paragraph) - and I'm sure many of us do at one time or another - I focus on the three people who mean the most to me in the world, the ones who are always there for me no matter what and I remember this song and apply it to them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyj9tNURxmk
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2013, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Stop reading the news and stop watching it - go for internet versions where you can pick and choose what you want to be exposed to and that way, you can reduce some of the negativity.
My laptop developed hard drive issues so I can't get on the internet at all. I'm using the town library computer just now so that will cut down on what I read and hear. Maybe somebody could start a good news thread on here.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2013, 06:47 PM

I agree with Karen re - the news Annie.....
I stopped years ago - just couldn't cope with it...
My heart goes out to you - you will be fine tho' - things will improve, you've just got to get through this ... We're here for you as you know x
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2013, 07:06 PM

My laptop developed hard drive issues so I can't get on the internet at all. I'm using the town library computer just now so that will cut down on what I read and hear. Maybe somebody could start a good news thread on here.
I did start putting some daft news on here but not much interest. I'll have another look and post some just for you (just let me know you're reading it!)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2013, 10:13 AM

For Annie Jack .....

fitou143
Essex
fitou143 is male  fitou143 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2013, 08:09 PM

thoughts are with you
mindbender
Broome, western australia
mindbender is male 

18-05-2013, 02:56 PM

God this thread is making me feel so tired!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-05-2013, 03:50 PM

Time for a nap then Davo .....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top