Join for free
Page 155 of 391 « First < 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 255 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2013, 11:09 PM

Re: Today I have .........

I have to say, it wasn't up to my normal standard, and I don't put fruit in it.

It lacked oomph and taste but I did tweak the recipe this time so will revert to before. I'm using a Mary Berry recipe, adapted for my personal taste, and usually add a good amount of black treacle, plus the brown sugar. This time, I reduced both, and added nutmeg to the top, and the remainder of a small pot of brandy tippler. NEXT time, I will increase the treacle and leave out the last two ingredients.

Still eating it all myself though!!! So sorry UJ, none for anybody else...

Oh, and I have over two crates of paper to shred!!! TWO CRATES!! I need a bonfire. Can't have one here, or even over the allotment. Badly need an industrial shredder... Only have a small electric one and just get more and more stuff in the post nearly every day, adding to an ever increasing pile. I won't even put my name and address in the rubbish bin.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2013, 11:14 PM

I completely forgot to include what the good deed was.............

Nurse Gillian took me out in the motor car to visit my eldest daughter & we enjoyed a family tea.

As the evening arrived I went to fetch from the refrigerator one of 2 cans of lager I had placed in there on arrival to drink.
However, I realised in time what a greedy thing that was to do, so I left the 2nd can for my S.I.L.
Later that evening he came onto the phone and was practically wetting himself with delight. It seems he had a terrible day at work & knew he had no beer to drink at home.

That can of lager was VERY well received and another little bridge had been created
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2013, 12:31 AM

Very good Bobby Boy you're a caring sharing something or other. Keep it up.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2013, 12:54 AM

Today on my morning walk I fell in love at first sight...

Googled to find a pic close to the actual dog I met. First Bernese Mountain Dog I've met and and she's lovely.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2013, 01:27 AM

I've known 2 both owned by the same man, both bloomin big beautiful friendly natured dogs. My DIL would love one too.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2013, 08:28 AM

Lovely

I have got up
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2013, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I have to say, it wasn't up to my normal standard, and I don't put fruit in it.

It lacked oomph and taste but I did tweak the recipe this time so will revert to before. I'm using a Mary Berry recipe, adapted for my personal taste, and usually add a good amount of black treacle, plus the brown sugar. This time, I reduced both, and added nutmeg to the top, and the remainder of a small pot of brandy tippler. NEXT time, I will increase the treacle and leave out the last two ingredients.

Still eating it all myself though!!! So sorry UJ, none for anybody else...

Oh, and I have over two crates of paper to shred!!! TWO CRATES!! I need a bonfire. Can't have one here, or even over the allotment. Badly need an industrial shredder... Only have a small electric one and just get more and more stuff in the post nearly every day, adding to an ever increasing pile. I won't even put my name and address in the rubbish bin.

Janet darlin' - try this for your Bread pudding:

Shred and tear into small pieces 8 slices of bread in a basin. Pour 1/2 pt fresh orange juice over it, add two eggs, 4 oz dried mixed fruit, 2 tbls marmalade, 1 tsp baking powder. Mix thoroughly and pour/scrape into shallow oven tray (a pyrex dish is perfect for this). As an optional extra, you can add a small glass of Brandy too. Place in over at 180 oC for approx 45 - 60 mins. Pudding is cooked through when a knife comes out clean.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2013, 05:36 PM

A good deed, indeed Robert

Sue, I'm in love too - what a beautiful dog - I've only met one, they have a grand nature.

Geoff, my pudding will be made tomorrow. The weather has been glorious - far too nice to spend cooking or traipsing round the garden center. (so hubby told me - I always obey)

Did see a sight that tickled me earlier. A young couple were walking a young great dane. He was white with black spots (his name was probably patch) he had a lovely black eye.
Something must have caught his attention, and he was off like a rocket, the young man leapt, took a giant step or two and ended up being dragged along by the lead!
His ladyfriend/wife was shouting 'stop' - not sure whether she was addressing the dog or the young man.
They disappeared from my view, so I've not idea what happened.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
A good deed, indeed Robert

Sue, I'm in love too - what a beautiful dog - I've only met one, they have a grand nature.

Geoff, my pudding will be made tomorrow. The weather has been glorious - far too nice to spend cooking or traipsing round the garden center. (so hubby told me - I always obey)

Did see a sight that tickled me earlier. A young couple were walking a young great dane. He was white with black spots (his name was probably patch) he had a lovely black eye.
Something must have caught his attention, and he was off like a rocket, the young man leapt, took a giant step or two and ended up being dragged along by the lead!
His ladyfriend/wife was shouting 'stop' - not sure whether she was addressing the dog or the young man.
They disappeared from my view, so I've not idea what happened.

Janet darlin' - Damn!!! - have a friend calling on me who needs my help, can't get there today. Sod it!!! I forget to tell you about the spices to add to the Bread pudding recipe Janet darlin'. I use Cinnamon, allspice, and mixed spice.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 09:00 AM

Apologies UJ, I wasn't alerted to your message so didn't see your recipe. Thank, but no thanks. I don't eat dried fruit (I did mention in my original post that no fruit goes in). I just don't like it and will avoid everything that contains it!

Janela, loved the tale of the runaway Dane! Gave me an early morning chuckle.
Janet

Page 155 of 391 « First < 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 255 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top