Join for free
Page 9 of 18 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 02:49 PM

Re: Shopping today.

No on-line slots at any supermarkets here today. I'll try after midnight as I heard they add them on then. I wanted to get one for 3weeks time when I should run out of groceries.
Our local garage has most things but I'm not risking being near people! I've managed to stay virus free so far, no point in tempting fate.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 04:53 PM

Our local Boots the chemist had an attempted burglary overnight on Mon/Tues.
Probably after some Paracetamol!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 05:11 PM

I hope I'm wrong but, all these shops that are closed are going to be targets for thieves and looters. It's only a matter of time I think, greedy people or those needing money for whatever reason, something to sell.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 06:16 PM

Good News:

Coronavirus: Off-licences added to list of 'essential' retailers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52033260

Off-licences have been added to the government's list of essential UK retailers allowed to stay open during the coronavirus pandemic.

The list was updated on Wednesday amid increasing reports supermarkets are selling out of some beers and wines.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 11:38 AM

De-criminalise weed. Quite apart from being smoked it's a great addition to cooking! Gives an entirely new meaning to hash browns and an added kick to fudge brownies.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 12:18 PM

My local supermarkets are all getting better stocked and better organised - but they are restricting customer numbers to reduce proximity.

Some goods, but not beer, are still rationed and paracetamol is unobtainable.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

26-03-2020, 12:57 PM

Still no on-line slots for any supermarkets.
Is this hoarding on-line now?
Folk could be ordering maximum amounts from all stores.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I hope I'm wrong but, all these shops that are closed are going to be targets for thieves and looters. It's only a matter of time I think, greedy people or those needing money for whatever reason, something to sell.
It is already happening in London!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It is already happening in London!

Our local 'Boots' chemist got broke into Monday night too.
Probably after some Paracetamol, sanitizers and thermometers!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 03:51 PM

Outside our Sainsbury Local this morning, the manager told the people waiting outside in a queue (a couple of metres apart) he was sorry but there was a bit of congestion in the store (we knew this having just come out). "That's OK, mate", said this scruffy looking great mountain of a guy, "We understand. We know you're doing your best for us."

Page 9 of 18 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top