Join for free
Page 19 of 39 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 > Last »
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 10:50 AM

Re: The Oprah Interview: Prince Harry and Meghan

I watched it and thought Oprah definitely concentrated on the racism issue and rolled her eyes and breathlessly exclaimed “what?” When they said questions were asked about how dark skinned the new baby would be.

At one point she asked 2 questions at the same time, the first one being that Meghan had got rid of some very senior staff almost straight away but Meghan never answered that one and Oprah didn’t pursue it which was a shame. She also failed to ask her why only her Mother came to the wedding. She must have cousins, aunts and uncles who she could have invited.

I also saw Meghan’s father, Thomas, on GMTV this morning and it was hilarious when he said that racism claims were “Bull****” and Susanna had to apologise for his language. He said Los Angeles and New York were racist but he didn’t believe the Royals were.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
I watched it and thought Oprah definitely concentrated on the racism issue and rolled her eyes and breathlessly exclaimed “what?” When they said questions were asked about how dark skinned the new baby would be.

At one point she asked 2 questions at the same time, the first one being that Meghan had got rid of some very senior staff almost straight away but Meghan never answered that one and Oprah didn’t pursue it which was a shame. She also failed to ask her why only her Mother came to the wedding. She must have cousins, aunts and uncles who she could have invited.

I also saw Meghan’s father, Thomas, on GMTV this morning and it was hilarious when he said that racism claims were “Bull****” and Susanna had to apologise for his language. He said Los Angeles and New York were racist but he didn’t believe the Royals were.
The whole lead up to the "racism" revelation was extremely contrived. It was pretty obvious that Oprah knew about it beforehand and her "what" was perhaps the most fake thing about the whole interview, as was Meghan's overacted coyness over divulging it.

I agree that there were omissions in the interview which should have been investigated, two of which you have outlined.

If the intention was to lance a set of septic boils, then they fell short of doing so.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 12:06 PM

Hurrah!

They (TV) are saying that over 11 million watched the show last night!

That means that, something like, 60 million Didn't!

Good for them!

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
The contradiction, of course, is that they desperately wanted to leave the Royal family yet continue to use it to make their millions. For me, I had no problem with them wanting to leave and do their own thing, but to reveal such spite, venom and malice towards their family whilst still desperately trying to hang on to their titles and privilidges, just to milk them for even more quillions, is pure hypocrisy.
Indeed .....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Jeez thanks mate..I think....Well allow me to explain. We don't see ourselves here as having the royals "forced" on us any more. We knocked back republicanism last time because the majority of people (in a majority of states) were happy with the system we have. The consitutional monarchy with QE2 as "Queen of Australia", We are happy with it because it's stable and it works for us..even if it doesn't for you.Quite independent of you (Britain) Australians simply like..or love the Queen. We always have. She came here the first time as a radiant young woman and now she is like a dignified old granny. Philip we have tolerated. Anne we think is an arrogant, rude and sad woman. Andrew is a zero. Edward is?...well what is he really. His wife is nice though. WE have watched Charles being bullied and ridiculed relentlessly by his own people all his life. But m,ost of us think he is a good bloke, My brother was a cabinet minister in WA some decades ago. He met Charles twice on the occasion of his visits to WA and on one he sat next to him at a dinner. Charles said to him.."I love coming here (Australia) I feel so much more accepted among you than I do in my own country sometimes" Anyway we don't have the same kind of disdain for your royals as you seem to have. When QE2 dies, I think it will be the end of the lot of them..for you and everyone else. Secondly Meghan. To us she is still Rachel Zane, lawyer. We loved Suits. We like her. And we like Harry; and we like Oprah. So we'll watch it. Bad taste?..Dunno. If it is well I guess that is our cross and we'll bear it..

PS. I have a pair of pink socks and an old safari suit deep in my wardrobe somewhere. NOw THAT is bad taste...
I like the safari socks bit Keezoy 😃😃
But at least they have a purpose?
They let your knees get brown, and also protect your legs from spider
and scorpion bites !!
Whereas the royals seem to be purposeless, especially the Arry &
Meg duo!!
But as you say, it is our cross to bear
I tend to pity them actually as nobody chooses their parents do they ?
Arry is over 40 yrs old now and l think he should have outgrown all
his childhood perceptions by now?
Anyway , good luck with with the royal watching , I'm going back
to Eurosport replays now it's all we've got over here !!

Donkeyman! 👎😭😭👎
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Hurrah!

They (TV) are saying that over 11 million watched the show last night!

That means that, something like, 60 million Didn't!

Good for them!

6o,000,000 and one Ted 🤗🤗

Donkeyman! 👍👍👍
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I watched some of it but I gave up....self indulgent twaddle as far as I'm concerned.
I didnt watch it but I agree totally with self indulgent twaddle. X
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
6o,000,000 and one Ted 🤗🤗

Donkeyman! 👍👍👍
60000,000 and 2
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 12:46 PM

Hi

I didn't watch it.

It has absolutely no relevance to my life.

I did not see any of the participants in Lidl this morning buying seeds at 29p a packet.

I am not on twitter and the lives of the Royal Family are way out of my league.

I am far more interested in who let their dog poo in my front garden and did not clean it up.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

09-03-2021, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I didn't watch it.

It has absolutely no relevance to my life.

I did not see any of the participants in Lidl this morning buying seeds at 29p a packet.

I am not on twitter and the lives of the Royal Family are way out of my league.

I am far more interested in who let their dog poo in my front garden and did not clean it up.
My dad is laughing at your last line , made me chuckle too

Page 19 of 39 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top