Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 11:40 AM

Praise.

Praise for Amazon.

I ordered 3 books 2 days ago & they were delivered this morning. I had an email & photograph to say they were in the greenhouse & a card through the letter box too. Free postage and speedy delivery & I don't even subscribe to Prime!!

Very pleased with Amazon.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 12:16 PM

Re: Praise.

Originally Posted by carol ->
Praise for Amazon.

I ordered 3 books 2 days ago & they were delivered this morning. I had an email & photograph to say they were in the greenhouse & a card through the letter box too. Free postage and speedy delivery & I don't even subscribe to Prime!!

Very pleased with Amazon.
Just make sure that you really aren't a member. To qualify for free postage you usually have to take a month's free trial for Prime, after which they will start charging you a monthly fee. (£7.99 or so).

Just log into Amazon and check.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 12:35 PM

Amazon can be naughty . I buy occasionally , some things are free postage but be aware as Judd says .

Often as I'm checking out it will add postage because I've forgotten to check a tick box
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Just make sure that you really aren't a member. To qualify for free postage you usually have to take a month's free trial for Prime, after which they will start charging you a monthly fee. (£7.99 or so).

Just log into Amazon and check.

I got caught like this too, Judd.

I wasn't aware I was on Prime, I certainly didn't ask for it, then one day I got a message saying my month's trial was up and they had taken 7.99 out of my bank!
I didn't twig what they were on about, so phoned them.

A helpful gentleman explained, but I told him I didn't want Prime. I think it's probably a good thing if you order regularly, but I don't order enough to benefit from them taking 7.99 per month off me.

In the end he refunded the money back to me.

So be careful Carol, and others.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 12:46 PM

Am on prime and have never had a problem which hasn't been resolved quickly by Amazon.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 01:32 PM

I ordered some art paint brushes for my granddaughter last Thursday evening and after, noticed the the Prime trial. Amazon are very crafty with the wording on their site. I was able to cancel the Prime trial with the help of a telephone call to my son the same evening.

I was surprised when Amazon delivered the brushes the following afternoon!

Excellent service all round! 👍
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 01:42 PM

You automatically get free postage if you spend over £10 on books.

I haven't been duped.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 02:08 PM

We subscribe to prime so no problem, but Amazon are a great company with their customer service second to none, so no wonder their business model is such a success. Just a shame they don't pay their fair share of their dues like the rest of us, although that is down to the tax rules that need reforming I guess.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 06:11 PM

I like Prime too, Carol, especially with the video benefit.

That said, Amazon needs an option to remove companies shipping directly from China (and a few others) prior to search results being shown.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 08:41 PM

I thought it was £20 to qualify for free post. It used to be £10. I had a trial of prime but clicked on it by accident and cancelled right away. Still had the bonus of the free trial for a month. It is really good if you use amazon a few times a month but then it's also great delivery for a lot of items that are non prime without membership. They have been a lifesaver during lockdown but I do worry about their treatment of staff and suppliers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top