Join for free
Page 573 of 754 « First < 73 473 523 563 571 572 573 574 575 583 623 673 > Last »
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 11:50 AM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Good morning ladies. Beki I never did any gardening until I moved here, its mostly pots and a few plants in the front garden. Roxy I was watching the news last night and people were complaining about the tourists leaving all their rubbish behind. I must admit most of the tourists here put their rubbish in the bins. It's the seagulls who pull the rubbish out the bins and leave a mess. May I have a few books here I haven't read so its a day for sitting out and reading one. Enjoy the sunshine.
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 04:33 PM

Scorcher here as well. I did go into the garden when it was cooler. At the moment I'm trying to keep my eyes open. I have a few books on my kindle which will keep me going for a while. I must make the effort to do something different tomorrow. I'm getting too comfortable pottering around now that the garden is no longer a challenge. I am meeting a friend for lunch next week. This will be the first since March that I have eaten out. It is more about the social aspect and catching up than where we go, and I am looking forward to that. Enjoy the sunshine & take care.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 08:09 PM

Evening, Not so hot today but much fresher, suited me fine was able to work outside without dripping. Very black out now, we might be in for a dooking. Lazy evening just watching the telly.
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2020, 09:42 PM

Very warm here Roxy. I ventured to Sainsburys. I keep thinking I will pop into Debenhams or M&S but end up in (usually) Aldi or Lidl. Today I set out again & ended up in Sainsburys! Not that I need anything, even groceries. I need to get a new mindset, not sure where from, I think the tedium is getting to me. I have arranged to meet two friends at the end of the month, so that's something to look forward to. I need a good talking to as I sound like Aunty Beanie, moaning Minnie. Where's my get up & go? Have a restful night & a good day tomorrow.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 09:38 AM

Morning, A big drop in temp this morning. Quite a brisk wind off the ocean, but so far it's dry. I was going over to Durness this morning but decided not to after seeing the News, am so hacked off and totally disgusted I could cry. This is just along the coast and I often walk there and spend time pluttering about in the caves and on the beach. Will be sooo glad when all these inconsiderate people F**k Off back over the Boarder. The locals up here are upset and angry and who can blame them. It's the same along at our bit, the tourists outnumber the locals, never heard so many English Accents up here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...lands-53713593
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2020, 11:40 AM

Good morning ladies. Beki cant wait to get out to the shops again. Roxy I did see on the news about the tourists up in your part of the world. It was the same here a bit of sunshine and everybody and their granny were down here. A bit cooler here this morning so I'll probably do a bit in the back garden.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

10-08-2020, 01:53 PM

According to this News Article Jess, Your area is have a few problems too.

https://www.largsandmillportnews.com...CCQ0KnaVBdaBZ0
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland

10-08-2020, 06:22 PM

Good evening ladies. Roxy I saw the report, and some photographs, of the Durness area on line this morning. Really awful that people can be so inconsiderate. Not sure where any of us can go for a change of scenery if we are over run by such selfish individuals. Rain has just arrived here. Pretty heavy, but at least it waters the garden. Maybe that will send a few scuttering home. I cannot understand people who visit Scotland and then complain about the weather. Do they think we have a switch? When visiting family in USA a gentleman from Virginia said he would like to visit Scotland but comments about the weather put him off. I told him that you don't come to Scotland for the weather, you can get sun in many other places. Scotland has so much to offer that weather is insignificant. He said he would let all of his friends and colleagues know that! Rain has stopped and it is still warm. Have a good evening.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

11-08-2020, 07:58 AM

Morning, Cold and wet here alright. Apart from waiting for a break in the rain to walk the dog I won't be going far at all.
valentinojess
largs, scotland

11-08-2020, 11:01 AM

Good morning ladies. Roxy it can be like that all summer, but because the ferry is operating restricted times it makes it worse. I love getting the ferry over and sitting with a book and sandwich. Beki I went to Virginia beach two years ago and loved it. Waiting for a delivery from a local shop today, also doing some housework ugh.

Page 573 of 754 « First < 73 473 523 563 571 572 573 574 575 583 623 673 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top