Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:13 PM

Found in the Outhouse

I found these old paintings and pastel drawings of mine in my outhouse while having a clear out.
The pastel portraits had broken glass in their frames which I won't bother to replace as I have nowhere to hang them now. I'm not sure how to store them to stop deterioration so may bin them, took photos first though

My late cat Poppy in her favourite place.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:27 PM

Re: Found in the Outhouse

Don't you dare throw them away, particularly the first one. At the very least you should give it to someone who could hang it on their wall. Brilliant!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:52 PM

Don't bin them advertise them on a Facebook for sale page in your area, or Marketplace or if you don't want to sell them, give them to a charity shop. They are far too good to throw away.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Don't you dare throw them away, particularly the first one. At the very least you should give it to someone who could hang it on their wall. Brilliant!
Yes I agree with Longdogs TessA.....The first one is brilliant and so unusual, I thought it was a photo. The composition is mysterious and atmospheric, it actually speaks to the viewer......You should do more TessA, there is definitely a market for art like that, and cats and dogs are 'In' at the moment...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 10:22 PM

The pastels won't survive outside glass so no point in keeping them. A family member wants the Poppy one, I may put the first one in the charity bag when they start accepting donations.
They're all very old, I can't draw or paint as well now.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 10:24 PM

Excellent drawings Tess, you can't throw those away, they are too good.

Your drawing of Poppy on the bird table is exactly what my Cassie used to look like on ours.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
The pastels won't survive outside glass so no point in keeping them. A family member wants the Poppy one, I may put the first one in the charity bag when they start accepting donations.
They're all very old, I can't draw or paint as well now.
I had to laugh at 'The outhouse'
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 10:37 PM

Tess, they really are very, very good. You really are a clever old stick.

I would say don't bin them until you've given it more thought. You have had them all this time, so a few weeks more isn't going to make any difference.
I'd hate you to bin them and then wish you hadn't - and it will be too late.

Wait and see if some good ideas from other members come first, at least.
Could you auction them for your favourite charity perhaps?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 11:17 PM

TessA

Beautiful pastel drawings and how well they have lasted.
Definately worth keeping or make some greetings Cards with copies
I sometimes laminate my Watercolour paintings and use them round the House.
I will try it with a pastel painting.

Not sure if it will smudge!

Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 01:49 AM

Blimey ... Tess it would be a crime to sling them.
Your portraits are first class ... I mean it.

And your first one of the lovely tortoiseshell cat ... brilliant ... you've got to keep them. He can't have lived in your outhouse all these years, waiting to pounce on mice, only to be made redundant. A kitty is for life you know !

You can buy a spray on fixative to protect pastels, or else you're right , they do tend to fade.
Or there's perspex clip frames which are much cheaper than glass .., and you see more of the picture as there's no border.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top