Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
toners
Cheshire
toners is male  toners has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 07:54 PM

Re: Found in the Outhouse

Stunning pictures Tess/
As Morticia says you can get a fixative spray but I guess you knew that and have applied it.

They are so good and many would appreciate them. My father loved working in wood but never wanted to sell what he made so I understand your reluctance to do so or even to throw them away.
As you say- photo them to keep a record of them for yourself.
Good idea from Mups to organise an auction with a charity- perhaps some sponsorship to provide a basic frame for each one taken up? (or even a 50% reduction).

If you do an auction I will certainly bid high from what I have seen.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 09:07 AM

Both the pastels have lost detail now. They weren't sprayed as that tends to remove some detail too. I remember a lady at Art club sprayed a pastel drawing of a landscape with sheep in it, all the sheep vanished!

I don't want the hassle of trying to auction them etc. I wouldn't want to have to post them, they'd get ruined.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 10:36 AM

Gosh Tess, those are absolutely brilliant - all these hidden talents you possess.. I'm in awe of arty farty people like you
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Gosh Tess, those are absolutely brilliant - all these hidden talents you possess.. I'm in awe of arty farty people like you
Definitely more farty than arty these days Pesta!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 01:38 PM

These are good

The portraits from your S Africa days Tess?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

02-08-2020, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
These are good

The portraits from your S Africa days Tess?
Thanks chum!
No d00d, but I was missing the folk there and these reminded me of the lovely friends I had there.

BTW, for now I have put the pastels face to face in their mounts with tissue in between and the backboards behind, like a sandwich with tape around and stored them behind my chest of drawers until I decide what to do with them.
The cats have a new home with family.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 02:44 PM

If you've got them fixed on board .... I'd be tempted to hang them on the inside of wardrobe or cupboard doors so I could see them whenever I went in there.
Seems a shame to never see them ... it'd cheer me up.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top