Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 09:24 PM

A Dancer or a Shuffler?

I didn't really learn to dance, as a teenager.
We only, really did any ballroom dancing when school football got called off, because of rain, etc.when we would go into the school hall & dance with the girls!

That meant that, as courting and chatting up got underway, many of my other halves would get dragged away, on the dance floor, to dance with some (nasty evil cunning) swine who was trying to make off with my girlfriend.

Later. as a married man, my very skilful, dancing, wife would shuffle round the dance floor as if she was delighted to just be there "in the arms, of Me!

Did you learn to do ballroom dancing?

Did it pay off?

Wish I had taken the time....!

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 09:40 PM

Re: A Dancer or a Shuffler?

Not officially ballroom dancing lessons.

My dad was 'old school' type and was an excellent dancer.
My bestest ex and I and mum and dad used to be members of a cruising club which had several dinner dances each year at a couple of venues.

Dad use to say I was an easy dance partner who grasped the dance moves and moved lightly and easily (or words to that effect).

I loved dancing in discos too

I tried Zumba classes once, but.... nah....

I've love to take up ballroom dancing, but it's just too expensive and I ain't being partnered with a woman. It's all bloody women at dance classes
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 07:55 AM

I was always on the stage playing in the band. Only dancing f I ever did was just "Groovin to the music"
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 08:12 AM

If it's Linedancing then I'm front and centre..

I'm not much good at waltz, foxtrot ect.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I've love to take up ballroom dancing, but it's just too expensive and I ain't being partnered with a woman. It's all bloody women at dance classes
My mother does dance classes and off and on she's done them since she was in her late teens. Her latest trophies span a double windowsill. She confirms that men attending them are pretty rare and always have been. The commonest complaint she hears from other women is that men have zero interest in learning.

I have never danced - not even a shuffle - and never will. I'm afraid I see no point to it whatsoever and I too have zero interest in learning.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 09:59 AM

I have never been interested in ballroom dancing apart from watching it. I remember going to a wedding once where the bride and groom and all the other guests were from a ballroom dancing club. Getting onto the dance floor was impossible. Any outsider who dared to touch it was quickly shoved off.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 10:10 AM

When l was 15, l used to go to a ballroom dancing studio on a Saturday morning with my friend. We learned various Waltzes and the ChaCha. At the break time we had a bottle of pop and a packet of crisps!!

About 15 years ago, my sister and l started Ballroom dancing lessons but we had to dance with each other.
I was useless and kept tripping over her foot and my co-ordination was even worse.

I then went to Rock and Roll classes. I was only any good if the man led and threw me around a bit!

I prefer Disco dancing, l am better at that!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 10:38 AM

Anything that could give an excuse to grope.

Seriously.

In retrospect it was amazing how often my partner would be responding very positively in a very short time. It must have been what today is called a bad boy image and a bad boy rep.

Being a biker no doubt put me in good stead for that!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 10:41 AM

I went to ballroom dancing lessons as a young girl, with my brother, my parents insisted we learn because they went to lots of dances & took us with them. Met my to be OH & I dragged him to dance lessons to as he had never learnt to dance. It was fun.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I didn't really learn to dance, as a teenager.
We only, really did any ballroom dancing when school football got called off, because of rain, etc.when we would go into the school hall & dance with the girls!

That meant that, as courting and chatting up got underway, many of my other halves would get dragged away, on the dance floor, to dance with some (nasty evil cunning) swine who was trying to make off with my girlfriend.

Later. as a married man, my very skilful, dancing, wife would shuffle round the dance floor as if she was delighted to just be there "in the arms, of Me!

Did you learn to do ballroom dancing?

Did it pay off?

Wish I had taken the time....!

Scottish dance music?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top