Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 10:21 AM

Re: Flirting - right or wrong

Innocent flirting is fine. Flirting with innuendos and nudge, nudge remarks is a bit repulsive. Especially the ones, who think your eyes are located in your chest!! (That made me laugh!)

I am always a bit suspect of men who ‘window shop’ a lot. It’s like they are deprived or neglected in some way.
If their marriage/relationship was that great, why would they need to look at other women?
They should only have eyes for the one they are with.

It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall of their brain!! Mmmn...perhaps not!!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree that it is very difficult to flirt these days what with everyone sueing each other or getting upset cos someone said a naughty word; so I have been on my best behaviour at work but I have to say the biggest culprits are the women.
it's a real shame that people are afraid to have a little banter, it's quite ridiculous really. There is a bloke in my office who is an absolute joy to be around because he's full of fun and he was having a bit of fun with a woman in the canteen and she carried on like he was about to murder her and took it totally out of proportion and went off and reported him.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 11:25 AM

I don't think there is a cut and dry answer to this.

To me, it would depend on many things - like who it was, how it was said, the circumstances at the time, whether I knew the person or not, and maybe to a certain extent what mood I was in even.

Banter can be really funny, and I see no harm in that whatsoever, but banter is quite different to some grubby little creep making sexual innuendos or trying to grope, that would be in a different category altogether.

To sum it up, I think, if I knew him, liked and got on well with him, I would not be worried or offended in the slightest.
However if I was alone, and it was a sranger, then that would set alarm bells ringing and I would get away smartish.
I think most mature women get a feeling whether a situation is safe or not.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 11:33 AM

Guess it's down to intent.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Guess it's down to intent.

But the other person can easily misconstrue the 'intent' Dex.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 11:43 AM

People who flirt only know this answer. It’s either done jokingly or seriously.
There are so many variables to consider here like how your partner feels about it? Do you keep it secret? Would your significant other be ok with it?
Are you deluding yourself when flirting? Why do you flirt?
Lots of things to consider so I can’t answer the question as is.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
But the other person can easily misconstrue the 'intent' Dex.
If they have gone camping with you then it could be serious.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 02:17 PM

Flirting is a bit like fishing, you don't care if you don't catch anything, but its the Angler who strikes at the first hint of a bite the needs keeping an eye on. A lot of Banter seems to be aimed at recently Divorced/Bereaved folks, or those to admit to relationship problems, I wonder why that is, hmmmn.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2020, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If they have gone camping with you then it could be serious.
Well they certainly would have done it on purpose.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

06-08-2020, 02:26 PM

See some folk (Mainly Geezers) are like a stuck record as far as persona is concerned, for behaving the same way in certain situations for the hundredth thousandth time, and still thinking its fresh, lateral folks would be slightly bored by that point.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top