Join for free
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 05:42 AM

Molesworth

Does anybody remember this young lad? An English schoolboy named Nigel Molesworth. We had quite a few of our own Aussie schoolboy heros but this guy was one of the top shelf characters in my childhood. His world weary humour, hilariously cynical view of school life and ridiculous spelling kept us rolling around the floor in fits and still does. My family members and I still send each other emails in "Molesworthspeak" . He was an institution that will live in us for life. Try to find the books if you can. You will not regret it.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190705_0001.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	10113  
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 06:00 AM

Re: Molesworth

Not heard of him, keezoy, but it sounds like I missed a treat. Just looked on 'Amazon' there seems to be quite a few copies available - including the one in your picture. Will order one - just for fun!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Not heard of him, keezoy, but it sounds like I missed a treat. Just looked on 'Amazon' there seems to be quite a few copies available - including the one in your picture. Will order one - just for fun!
Oh yeah !...Those guys are the same pair that did St Trinians. Another classic.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 04:15 PM

That takes me back. I used to read those back in the day - may have to brush up on them to relive my lost youth. I was also a fan of the Jennings tales, also set in a private school. (Must have had aspirations above my station).

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top