Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 06:39 PM

Re: BOE Prepared for NO DEAL!! HOORAY!!

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The*GDP*figure in*2019*was $2,824,850 million for the UK. 15% of that was made by exports to the EU. The UK contribution is 11 bn a year.
Do your own mathematics.
You need to make sure you are saying the right thing.

11bn (its a lot more than that actually) is our NETT contribution. The other thing you need to get right is not our exports but our IMPORTS from the EU which works out at just under half a billion each working day
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

11bn (its a lot more than that actually) is our NETT contribution. The other thing you need to get right is not our exports but our IMPORTS from the EU which works out at just under half a billion each working day
I think l was too subtle for solly Bread!
Unless he is pretending??

Donkeyman! 👍😇👍
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Personally I have never wanted a no deal brexit, and I firmly believe that it would be better for all of the european countries, including us, if we were to leave on good terms and with a mutually acceptable trade deal in place.

However, that seems to be an impossible outcome whilst the EU is determined to punish us for having the temerity to leave their club, so as to serve as a deterrent to other member states who desire to take the same route.

I do think that the whole of europe will be the poorer for no deal, but that seems to be in the hands of the commission at the moment.
Just ask yourself whether you demand similar conditions when negotiating a trade deal with the usa.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

No one forces you to buy in the EU. I bet china is willing to offer the same goods much cheaper. Go there.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 07:50 AM

No one forces you to buy in the EU. I bet china is willing to offer the same goods much cheaper. Go there.
You do realise the EU is a declining market fir the UK and has been for years ?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 08:43 AM

Personally I have never wanted a no deal brexit, and I firmly believe that it would be better for all of the european countries, including us, if we were to leave on good terms and with a mutually acceptable trade deal in place.

However, that seems to be an impossible outcome whilst the EU is determined to punish us for having the temerity to leave their club, so as to serve as a deterrent to other member states who desire to take the same route.

I do think that the whole of europe will be the poorer for no deal, but that seems to be in the hands of the commission at the moment.
Just ask yourself whether you demand similar conditions when negotiating a trade deal with the usa.
You must enlighten me, nowhere in my post as far as I can see did I demand any conditions?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

04-06-2020, 12:14 PM

You must enlighten me, nowhere in my post as far as I can see did I demand any conditions?
I was referring to your stating the EU is punishing you. In view of the thread's subject, the trade deal negotiations having logged because the UK's demands being unrealistic, that made me ask this.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

04-06-2020, 12:44 PM

I was referring to your stating the EU is punishing you. In view of the thread's subject, the trade deal negotiations having logged because the UK's demands being unrealistic, that made me ask this.
The UK demands are not unrealistic at all, its what Barnier and Tusk already agreed to.

the EU wants its cake and eat it, and cherries and all that.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 01:54 PM

And the EU's demands aren't ? That we give over our fishing rights and continue to be ruled by the ECJ ? You call that being realistic ? Pots and kettles come to mind...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

04-06-2020, 02:14 PM

And the EU's demands aren't ? That we give over our fishing rights and continue to be ruled by the ECJ ? You call that being realistic ? Pots and kettles come to mind...
I know, there is no other country in the world that has to hand over its territorial waters to another country and abide by their rules for a trade agreement.

They really do want their cake and eat it these unelected cretins. And they say we need them more than they need us ? It doesn't look that way to me

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top