Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2020, 10:11 PM

EU Overfishing UK waters??

It apears EU have been cosistantly depleting UK fishing stocks
for a few years now?
The value of the catch has fallen from £65illion in 2016 down to
£46 million in2018??
This year more than 15 super trawlers hve spent the year systematicly
ploughing our waters! They are still there!
They seem bent on devastating the area before we kick them out?
These super trawlers must be banned from our waters and the only
boats to be allowed back must have a record of being co-oerative
with us in the past?

Donkeyman! 😟😟😟
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2020, 11:09 PM

Re: EU Overfishing UK waters??

It seems that more about this will be known on Monday 22 June 2020, when the Fisheries Bill returns to the House of Lords. More information to be found on the link below:

https://www.eureporter.co/frontpage/...kaALF66cTprYeA
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
It seems that more about this will be known on Monday 22 June 2020, when the Fisheries Bill returns to the House of Lords. More information to be found on the link below:

https://www.eureporter.co/frontpage/...kaALF66cTprYeA
I think this article choses a far too negative approach. Why would the UK not do nuch better than the EU. All they have to do is follow the science. During the covid crisis boris c.s. have shown how good they are at that. So no wories about sustainable fishquota.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I think this article choses a far too negative approach. Why would the UK not do much better than the EU. All they have to do is follow the science. During the covid crisis boris c.s. have shown how good they are at that. So no wories about sustainable fishquota.
Not knowing too much about the subject I was searching out information and found that link which gave me more details. Another, earlier item, was also found so yet more information to absorb, all very interesting though:

https://www.euractiv.com/section/uk-...s-post-brexit/

There's some interesting comments on this part of the link above too I thought, views of those involved in the fishing industry, including those of fishermen in Newlyn, Cornwall:

https://www.euractiv.com/section/uk-...catch/1176350/
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 08:11 AM

The fisheries bill can be found here

https://services.parliament.uk/bills...fisheries.html

The CFP is dead our fisheries policy is based heavily on Norways model.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 08:15 AM

I think this article choses a far too negative approach. Why would the UK not do nuch better than the EU. All they have to do is follow the science. During the covid crisis boris c.s. have shown how good they are at that. So no wories about sustainable fishquota.

The EU has been a disaster for fisheries, the environment and the industry ever since the CFP was brought into place.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 05:38 PM

I know you are not well versed in english, so you had to use a dictionary to find the words anal sphincter. So I appreciate the effort you put into formulating your post.
However, it would have done you more credit if you had tried to put some factual information in. Now it's only a worthless opinion.
As the Hollanders are the main source of the overfishing Solly
and you claim to be Dutch, the pseudonymn fits you??

Donkeyman! 👍😇👍
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
As the Hollanders are the main source of the overfishing Solly
and you claim to be Dutch, the pseudonymn fits you??

Donkeyman! 👍😇👍
The dutch are sticlers for rules, so you can trust them to stay within the allotted quota. What you may be critical of, is the allowable catch per species, but that is determined by all EU countries and norway and others.

What do you think the pseudonym solasch means?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

21-06-2020, 07:16 PM

The dutch are sticlers for rules, so you can trust them to stay within the allotted quota. What you may be critical of, is the allowable catch per species, but that is determined by all EU countries and norway and others.

What do you think the pseudonym solasch means?

Good

If they don't play by our rules they face a £50k fine, having their license revoked and their boats impounded. That's if they can afford a license in the first place and pay our landing charges.

TAC limits are set by the UK by our fishing policy. I suggest you read it.

Solasch - means clown
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 07:28 PM

Hi

Once again, why all the aggro?

Boris has said we are leaving at the end of the year and taking back control of our Fisheries.

Less than 6 months to go and the problem will cease.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top