Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 08:40 AM

End To Free Movement

Good news this morning..

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/the-new-immigr...m-of-movement/
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 08:50 AM

Re: End To Free Movement

Even if it 'passes' it is still too little too late - but at least a step in the right direction.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 11:31 AM

Yes, have to agree with you ST. but, every little is something good. I do wish however that the article told it how we were told it would be by Priti - i.e. point system from day one.

Oh well, the clock is ticking and it will need to be sorted and finalised.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 01:18 PM

Excellent stuff
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Good news this morning..

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/the-new-immigr...m-of-movement/
In short nothing changes.
Or yes, it will. Leaving the EU was about less red tape. This bill will make for more.
You still need a lot of foreign labour to harvest your fruit and vegetables. Your NHS still needs a lot of foreign doctors and nurses and carers. Therefore there will be exceptions in this bill and the bill prity patel is yet to enter. All these exceptions are made by requests, these requests have to be processed and ruled upon. Which will lead to objection before courts etc.

At the end the same number of foreigners will enter the UK, but the borders will see red from the red tape
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 03:12 PM

Hi

I am not really bothered about Free Movement from the EU , we have more Non EU Immigration than EU Immigration.

To my mind what we should be concentrating on are both the illegals entering the \uk and those already here.

Pritti Patel is still refusing to fund Border Force to check every vehicle entering the UK and there are far more getting in that way than cross the Channel in boats.

There are other huge gaps in our system of non compliant immigration.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am not really bothered about Free Movement from the EU , we have more Non EU Immigration than EU Immigration.

To my mind what we should be concentrating on are both the illegals entering the \uk and those already here.

Pritti Patel is still refusing to fund Border Force to check every vehicle entering the UK and there are far more getting in that way than cross the Channel in boats.

So the present bill doesn't miraculously solve all the immigration problems?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
So the present bill doesn't miraculously solve all the immigration problems?
It will when its implemented.
jj41
New Member!
Bristol UK
jj41 is male 

24-06-2020, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I agree. And once here it is almost impossible to send even those with serious criminal convictions back.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2020, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by jj41 ->
I agree. And once here it is almost impossible to send even those with serious criminal convictions back.

Be a lot easier when we are outside the ECJ

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top