Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 03:04 PM

Re: Oh No Not Another One ! #4

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Why do you think that ESA investing in 2500 jobs here in the UK and about 100 million of capital is worse than investing it in any other EU country ?

Your not making any sense
Because those 2500 jobs will be paid for by UK space agency......
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Because those 2500 jobs will be paid for by UK space agency......

Why is that worse than being in an EU country though ? Your unemployment is horrendous.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 03:09 PM

Its a disaster ...

Were doomed

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...ut-the-economy
Once you had diane abbott who couldn't count. Now the forum has it's member who counts 1,2, 4, and then states: were doomed....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 03:14 PM

Once you had diane abbott who couldn't count. Now the forum has it's member who counts 1,2, 4, and then states: were doomed....

Why aren't you answering my question ?

By the way those jobs are created by the private sector by companies such as HP etc

We already have 3 ESA sites here in the UK so a 4th is a good thing isn't it ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

28-06-2020, 03:17 PM

Why aren't you answering my question ?

By the way those jobs are created by the private sector by companies such as HP etc

We already have 3 ESA sites here in the UK so a 4th is a good thing isn't it ?
You're confusing esa with the UK space agency who employ about 200 people based across Swindon, London and Harwell.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

28-06-2020, 03:20 PM

Why is that worse than being in an EU country though ? Your unemployment is horrendous.
That's not what I state, and answering your question is of topic. Do you want another reprimand from the moderators?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

28-06-2020, 03:23 PM

That's not what I state, and answering your question is of topic. Do you want another reprimand from the moderators?

This is on topic. Your not happy that ESA is investing 100 million in the UK and I asked why but you don't know.

If you do, just say why .. I'm waiting
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

28-06-2020, 03:32 PM

This is on topic. Your not happy that ESA is investing 100 million in the UK and I asked why but you don't know.

If you do, just say why .. I'm waiting
In post 9 I stated that paying £ 100 mln for that hub is profitable way to secure that £ 1,8 bn (€2,24 bn) contribution from the UK. Not happy? On the contrary!
In post 14 YOU state those jobs are paid for by the private sector.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2020, 03:34 PM

News outlets seem so obsessed with woke and culture war issues that we don’t get to learn about important pieces of investment. The European Space Agency (not part of the EU) has announced that it is to open a ‘space tech incubation unit’ in Leicester to help start-ups access the expertise they need, whether it be from university research to large corporations. Among the private sector organisations already to have signed up for space at the park are Lockheed Martin, Thales Alenia Space, Hewlett Packard, Airbus and Amazon. The first projects to be supported will concentrate on the are of Earth Observation, such as measuring land use changes from space. No wonder we end up constantly thinking that Britain’s economy is going down the pan – when the opposite is true.
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...ut-the-economy

Truth hurts.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

28-06-2020, 03:40 PM

In post 9 I stated that paying £ 100 mln for that hub is profitable way to secure that £ 1,8 bn (€2,24 bn) contribution from the UK. Not happy? On the contrary!
In post 14 YOU state those jobs are paid for by the private sector.

Jobs come from companies investing like Hewlett Packard, airbus etc.

Are you for real ?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top