Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 04:45 PM

UK Weather forecast for the next month

Seemingly the Gulf Stream which brings good weather to the UK has moved. It is down near Spain instead of being above Scotland.
This has enabled the great big HIGH over Sweden to distribute its snow, ice, and minus 10 winds over the UK.
It is expected to last another few weeks so no relief.
It is so sad to see the death toll in the animal world covered by 10 feet of snow in the fields and birds dropping down dead and it is also terrible that still in the 5th richest Country in the World that over 6 thousand Old Age Pensioners have died here due to the cold weather since January. Which is above average too. Get the hot water bottles out, eat starchy food like porridge, stews, soups to keep warm, lots of veg. Dont give up wanting to see the Sun which hopefully this year we will have to keep us going next Winter. Ever the Optimist is my motto. x
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 04:51 PM

Re: UK Weather forecast for the next month

Sandy I couldn't believe my eyes on the news last night. The snow was 9feet deep and the lambs were buried in it. Volunteers looked for them and managed to find them, digging them out - the majority were rescued.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 04:57 PM

6000 OAP's Have died since Jan because of the weather ???? is that right ??? blimey Im amazed that truley is disgusting our country should be disgusted with its self .
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 05:01 PM

Hi Pats, I saw that too but that was just one place. Two farms that I heard of on the Isle of Man have lost 700 and 4,000 sheep. Ones in Ireland havent even counted the sheep or cows they have lost under 18 foot of snow. They couldnt get to them in time they just froze to death under 9 feet or more of snow. Others rescued are abandoning their lambs as they cant cope with the cold and the lack of food they have had. Its dreadful. Its also sad that some Senior Citizens are not putting their heating on because they cant afford it.
Luckily my son pays mine, but if he didnt I would still put it on and they could put me in jail as they at least get three meals a day and kept warm with a TV that will do for me.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 05:10 PM

Not such a Great Britain after all then.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Not such a Great Britain after all then.
Not any more......
Sandy - thats awful - I'm lost for words really, hope these farmers get some help re their losses, those poor animals...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 07:37 PM

So whatever happened to global warming, we could sure use some at the moment...
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2013, 10:02 PM

its all going topsy turvy weather is a a sign of climate change this is the price we pay for all the industry
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2013, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Sandy I couldn't believe my eyes on the news last night. The snow was 9feet deep and the lambs were buried in it. Volunteers looked for them and managed to find them, digging them out - the majority were rescued.
Not so Pat darlin' - lots of spring lambs dead where I am and the carcasses frozen to the ground. RAF are flying mercy missions to bring food and supplies to people cut-off in the snow drifts - some of which are not, 9 feet, but 15 FEET deep!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

28-03-2013, 02:15 PM

Not where you were Joe, and other places, but the item I saw, the lambs were rescued, saw them being pulled out - alive !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top