Join for free
Reply
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Galloway2019's Avatar
Galloway2019
Member
Galloway2019 is offline
Galloway, Scotland
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 49
Galloway2019 is male  Galloway2019 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
03-07-2019, 11:05 PM
51

Re: Greetings from Galloway, Scotland

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Gosh Brian, you've taken on a big task there!
Aye its a tricky one but have much harder ones over the years with very fine detail, its a case of not getting overwhelmed with the project and breaking it down into smaller sections and then combine them all later, all those years of making airfix kits as a lad came in handy as the main thing you need is patience to make anything.
I have been trying to train my right hand to do more as my left is sometimes paralysed for weeks but since doing so my right hand/arm is starting to go the same so i have to pace myself and if i feel i am overdoing it i stop for a while......very frustrating but cannot be helped my hands have been like it for 20 years now and they said they won't improve so i adapt things to help, it drives me mad some days but i just go and sit watching the wildlife outside my workshop
Reply With Quote
Besoeker's Avatar
Besoeker
Senior Member
Besoeker is offline
Doncaster, UK
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 3,702
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-07-2019, 01:03 AM
52

Re: Greetings from Galloway, Scotland

Hi again Brian
I apologise for having incorrectly miscast you as a Scot. As it happens, I am a Scot living in Yorkshire. Like you, I also have a dog. Got pictures?

This is mine in serious mod:

Reply With Quote
Galloway2019's Avatar
Galloway2019
Member
Galloway2019 is offline
Galloway, Scotland
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 49
Galloway2019 is male  Galloway2019 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-07-2019, 11:08 AM
53

Re: Greetings from Galloway, Scotland

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Hi again Brian
I apologise for having incorrectly miscast you as a Scot. As it happens, I am a Scot living in Yorkshire. Like you, I also have a dog. Got pictures?

This is mine in serious mod:

What a beauty! they are very clever dogs unlike my Rory here's a picture of him.....he's not exactly dumb he just seems like he's on planet Rory at times like when he discovered mirrors and now he knows what angles to look at in mt display cabinets mirror to spy on me and he thinks no'one else can spot him lol.
I keep his coat fairly short so easier to groom otherwise it would touch the ground and as its very muddy up our farm track he would soon be covered in it lol He's a Havanese.
Cheers
Brian


Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rory 8th March 2018 (Medium).jpg
Views:	5
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	10105   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rory approx 5 Months Old.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	10106  
Reply With Quote
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 30,521
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-07-2019, 11:37 AM
54

Re: Greetings from Galloway, Scotland

Originally Posted by Galloway2019 ->
That's lovely, I have fancied making a new Bench for my patio for my late wife with some of her favourite wildlife carved into it. We once saw a beautiful bench in Argyll with Barn Owls carved into to it who'ever made it did a brilliant job as it was very realistic.
Thanks for posting this bench
From what I see of your work, you would make a fine job of it Galloway. You should go for it, it would be a lovely thing to do in memory of your wife.
Reply With Quote
Galloway2019's Avatar
Galloway2019
Member
Galloway2019 is offline
Galloway, Scotland
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 49
Galloway2019 is male  Galloway2019 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-07-2019, 09:37 PM
55

Re: Greetings from Galloway, Scotland

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
From what I see of your work, you would make a fine job of it Galloway. You should go for it, it would be a lovely thing to do in memory of your wife.
Thanks, I am in the process of sorting the gardens out at the moment....I am not physically fit to do it but i have a neighbour helping me keep it tidy, my wife loved her gardens and LOADS of shrubs/plants/trees to sort out as they have grown pretty quickly this year but the bench will go on our raised patio that looks out over the land where she loved to sit wildlife watching......her dream was always to have a home in the country and she got one sadly she won't get to see the gardens at their best but she will always be here with us.
Reply With Quote
Floydy's Avatar
Floydy
Chatterbox
Floydy is offline
East Yorkshire
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 12,149
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-07-2019, 09:44 PM
56

Re: Greetings from Galloway, Scotland

Hi Galloway.
Have you managed to venture out into the rest of the forum yet, or are they making you milk the welcome thread for all it's worth. We can bring the threads in here to you if you like
You know what these oldies are like for rambling though, buddy. You'll get to escape sooner or later I guess
Reply With Quote
Galloway2019's Avatar
Galloway2019
Member
Galloway2019 is offline
Galloway, Scotland
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 49
Galloway2019 is male  Galloway2019 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
04-07-2019, 10:15 PM
57

Re: Greetings from Galloway, Scotland

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hi Galloway.
Have you managed to venture out into the rest of the forum yet, or are they making you milk the welcome thread for all it's worth. We can bring the threads in here to you if you like
You know what these oldies are like for rambling though, buddy. You'll get to escape sooner or later I guess
I was only thinking the same thing earlier, I will venture into the rest of the forum as there's loads of stuff on here. I actually forgot i was in the Intro section lol
Cheers
Reply With Quote
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 30,521
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-07-2019, 08:15 AM
58

Re: Greetings from Galloway, Scotland

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hi Galloway.
Have you managed to venture out into the rest of the forum yet, or are they making you milk the welcome thread for all it's worth. We can bring the threads in here to you if you like
You know what these oldies are like for rambling though, buddy. You'll get to escape sooner or later I guess
Reply With Quote
Besoeker's Avatar
Besoeker
Senior Member
Besoeker is offline
Doncaster, UK
Joined: Jun 2018
Posts: 3,702
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
05-07-2019, 05:11 PM
59

Re: Greetings from Galloway, Scotland

Originally Posted by Galloway2019 ->
What a beauty! they are very clever dogs unlike my Rory here's a picture of him.....he's not exactly dumb he just seems like he's on planet Rory at times like when he discovered mirrors and now he knows what angles to look at in mt display cabinets mirror to spy on me and he thinks no'one else can spot him lol.
I keep his coat fairly short so easier to groom otherwise it would touch the ground and as its very muddy up our farm track he would soon be covered in it lol He's a Havanese.
Cheers
Brian
Lovely little chap.
Ours can get a bit muddy at times.



At around 40kg, getting him in and out of the bath is a bit of a challenge for us oldies. So we use a professional dog groomer - she is excellent. Collects him, does the business, and brings him home.

But, more about you.
I'm sorry to hear about your dear wife.
Your love of nature and ROY may get you out and about a bit.

I try to take photographs with varying degrees of success.

Reply With Quote
Galloway2019's Avatar
Galloway2019
Member
Galloway2019 is offline
Galloway, Scotland
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 49
Galloway2019 is male  Galloway2019 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
08-07-2019, 10:40 PM
60

Re: Greetings from Galloway, Scotland

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Lovely little chap.
Ours can get a bit muddy at times.



At around 40kg, getting him in and out of the bath is a bit of a challenge for us oldies. So we use a professional dog groomer - she is excellent. Collects him, does the business, and brings him home.

But, more about you.
I'm sorry to hear about your dear wife.
Your love of nature and ROY may get you out and about a bit.

I try to take photographs with varying degrees of success.

Lovely photos and Rory would dive in that big puddle lol cameras are a great excuse to get out and about as are dogs so i take him to the beach most days and then up into the mountains/forests other days......i tend to get tired out before him but he's only two years old. Talking of dogs today i saw a beautiful spaniel in Wigtown not far from me and his owner was saying he had dementia i never knew that dogs got it and such a sad thing as he was obviously a much loved pet makes you realise how lucky we are to have healthy pets.
Oh well best head off out, off Owl spotting down in the woods nice quiet night for it.
Cheers and love to see more photos, i will post some in the photo/art section so i don't fill up the introduction section.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.