Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 01:20 AM

Re: Washing Clothes too Much

I wear my clothes for a day then they all go in the wash, I don't care what some foreign sheila says. Anyway clothes are so cheap these days.

(Jackets and cardis excepted - they can go for a bit longer)
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 04:41 AM

Yes they are cheap so i. Order to make them we rape the earth of its natural resources ,some sweat shop in china produces them and then people throw them away .
After overwashing ,wasting water and adding more micro fibres to the food chain .
But hey ho who cares .
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 06:38 AM

I tend to agree that we wash clothes too often. Does anyone really get their clothes dusty and smelly any more? We all use (hopefully) deodorants, and unless it's really hot sweaty weather I don't end up smelling of anything other than perfume. Men who used to wear nylon shirts - and who thought deodorants were for cissies -used to stink of BO sometimes, but nowadays I rinse out blouses or t-shirts after a couple of uses, dresses likewise, although on cool days I don't see it's necessary.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 07:01 AM

I think we have all become obsessed with being clean, but isn't that the aim of the makers of cleansing materials?
We even wash ourselves too much, and despite all the promises of softer, smoother skin a hand wash with warm water does the job just as well!

I believe that, if we are constantly removing every trace of germs & bacteria, we are just teaching our immune system that it doesn't need to work so hard. If you don't expose it to germs, it wont be able to build the right anti-toxins to fight them.

If I have a dirty job to do, I would never put clean clothes on to go and do it
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 08:28 AM

My daughter washes clothes after only 1 wear for all 4 of them , there is always piles of washing to be done and piles of ironing, its ridiculous.

When I was a young mum , I had a twin tub , I washed 3 times a week , sometimes twice a week , standing by the machine , pulling it out of the water usually tangled , into the spinner and rinser .

This usually took 2 hours

Previous to my super duper twin tub above , I had a box like machine which didn't heat the water was filled with pans of hot , and it had a wringer on it .

So love my automatic which I use twice a week
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 09:23 AM

I change every day in the warm weather but, except for knickers it's every two days in the winter. I have a lot of heavy sweaters I knitted and they are not nearly so often.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 09:32 AM

Hi

i am very fortunate to be a man.

We naturally smell nicer than ladies so have no need to wash our clothes so often.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Where I live people do wear expensive country garb .
They probaby wear it for 20 years !
Yes, That is right, Muddy

Oilskin Coats and Jackets such as Barbour last for years and just need a wipe down.

The Queen and other Royalty wear them for Country pursuits

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 11:34 AM

Stella McCarthy also designs for Adidas at very reasonable prices for beautifully made sportswear.

Also...Multimillionaires can spend more than £1,0o0.00 per week on themselves and it is just a drop in the ocean.

Royalty often spent £25.000.00 on one garment
So they choose their favourite Designer to make a unique garment especially for them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Yes, That is right, Muddy

Oilskin Coats and Jackets such as Barbour last for years and just need a wipe down.

The Queen and other Royalty wear them for Country pursuits

Prince Charles still wears his grandfathers overcoats .
Of course he needs to economise to keep his wife and very expensive daughters in law in designer dresses.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top