Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 11:54 AM

Re: Another name this plant/weed thread.

They're beautiful Mups, they look like they are double flowered
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 02:35 PM

That is the nicest superbum I have ever sen Mups. Thank you.

It is a lovely plant, is it scented?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That is the nicest superbum I have ever sen Mups. Thank you.

It is a lovely plant, is it scented?

Thankyou Mags & Dongle. As I said earlier, the clump got so big I dug it up after flowering, and divided it.
The smaller half looked a bit 'touch and go' for a while, but it eventually got going and is now in flower like the bigger one.

No dongle, it doesn't really smell much at all.
I am very pleased with it though, there are so many buds constantly opening, and it flowers right on till autumn.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 03:17 PM

Look how tall it grew. I have had to tie it up. Just hoping it decides to grow back next year.

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 08:08 PM

Is there a way to stop them growing so tall? I've had to tie them up where possible.

Lovely border by the way LD.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-08-2019, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Is there a way to stop them growing so tall? I've had to tie them up where possible.

Lovely border by the way LD.
Thanks Annie. I don't know how to make them smaller (I'm not that clever). I do love them and so do the bees but they are dwarfing other plants behind them. I'm hoping that when I eventually cut them back, the other plants will flower. I know there's a Crocosmia behind there somewhere.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks Annie. I don't know how to make them smaller (I'm not that clever). I do love them and so do the bees but they are dwarfing other plants behind them. I'm hoping that when I eventually cut them back, the other plants will flower. I know there's a Crocosmia behind there somewhere.

Your border does indeed look very pretty dongle.

There is some good, clear info here about pruning these Daisies. Have a read, see what you think:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/orn...ta-daisies.htm
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2019, 10:04 PM

They should die back in the next two to three weeks. But don't worry they will be back next year!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-08-2019, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Your border does indeed look very pretty dongle.

There is some good, clear info here about pruning these Daisies. Have a read, see what you think:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/orn...ta-daisies.htm
Thanks Mups, interesting that they can be divided every few years, I didn't know that. i think i might have a lot of dividing to do next Spring.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

05-08-2019, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They should die back in the next two to three weeks. But don't worry they will be back next year!
I love the fact that the blooms have lasted so long, that's my type of plant.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top