Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 08:50 PM

Re: My trip to the NHS.

Swims
Hope you start to feel better again soon lovely x

I remember what it was like when my mum was ill
NHS is stretched to breaking point
It's tough to see those dedicated workers unable to do their jobs properly
And ridiculously unrewarded when it comes to pay
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 10:43 PM

You hear this sort of thing so many times now. It's been on telly, and in the news so many times.
I find the thought of not being able to get help if you suddenly need it quite frightening. It is worse still if you live on your own, with no one to take you to hospital, and no ambulance either.
I do think about this as I get older.

I think Annie has made a lot of good points, but I don't know the answers.

Was all this because of your leg again Swim? I hope you are on the mend again now.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2019, 10:49 PM

The answer is that they have to stop meddling, but they won't. Meddling seems to be a national disease. Unfortunately when things are broken people walk away denying all knowledge....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You hear this sort of thing so many times now. It's been on telly, and in the news so many times.
I find the thought of not being able to get help if you suddenly need it quite frightening. It is worse still if you live on your own, with no one to take you to hospital, and no ambulance either.
I do think about this as I get older.

I think Annie has made a lot of good points, but I don't know the answers.

Was all this because of your leg again Swim? I hope you are on the mend again now.
Hi

Yes Mups, leg is the main issue, however I have been run down with other injuries which happened years ago , which came back with complications.

When you get run down your immune system is compromised and open to infection.

I am now on a regime of two antibiotics, an anti fungal, two different painkillers, steroids, heart medication, eye and ear drops, and various creams.

Some are with food, some without, so I am on a three hour regime, which is a pain.

I am also self injecting daily with an anticoagulant.

I have dressing packs which need to be changed twice a day.

The good news is I have had scans and been tested for all sorts of things, so not diabetic, no signs of anything nasty.

Once things have settled down, I have to go and see the plastics people.

I will not be climbing Snowdon anytime soon, neither will I will be finishing the hard landscaping in the garden.

All in all, life is good, I am much luckier than many.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 04:02 AM

I didn't know you had so many health issues swims...I'm so sorry I hope things get sorted soon and you feel better.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I didn't know you had so many health issues swims...I'm so sorry I hope things get sorted soon and you feel better.

Hi

Apart from the ones I listed I am in remarkably good health.

Seriously though, I am in much better shape than many.

No cancer, diabetes, arthritis.

A few days rest and back to getting fit again.

I have a life to lead and so many things I want to do and enjoy.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2019, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Apart from the ones I listed I am in remarkably good health.

Seriously though, I am in much better shape than many.

No cancer, diabetes, arthritis.

A few days rest and back to getting fit again.

I have a life to lead and so many things I want to do and enjoy.
It s good to think positively too Swims....and you always do that.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 07:47 AM

Having read this thread, I've decided to save 50 quid, in a pot, to enable me to call a taxi in which to rush to hospital in any emergency.

Maybe many are already doing something, like that, and they are adding to the road block at the hospital.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Having read this thread, I've decided to save 50 quid, in a pot, to enable me to call a taxi in which to rush to hospital in any emergency.

Maybe many are already doing something, like that, and they are adding to the road block at the hospital.

Seems a sensible idea to me, Ted.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 11:35 AM

I was watching the health and social care questions and the consultant pensions dispute that has caused them to cut their hours or retire came up.

There is a consultation paper out at the moment and Matt Hancock would only commit to having the situation resolved by the start of the next tax year in April.

This means that over the next few months and winter in particular will be really tough because the normal consultant hours just aren't being worked.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top