Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
paulr
New Member!
uk
paulr is male 

16-02-2016, 06:35 PM

i saved literally thousands with a pre paid funeral plan

hi everyone
just thought id share with you that id recently looked at taking out one of these plans.i asked someone one to search a lot of providers on the market as it was a minefield.
glad i did and looks like im going to be saving at least 10 thousand pounds!!
happy to forward their details to anyone
hope this helps
paulr
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 06:43 PM

Re: i saved literally thousands with a pre paid funeral plan

I have done this too - the problem is I may have chosen the wrong funeral director thinking more on it - too late now ............
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 06:44 PM

Well if you've saved ten thousand pounds you can always donate it to us here for a forum bash.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 06:48 PM

Saved 10 grand? how ever much were you planning to spend on a funeral. I wouldn't spend half that on a funeral, tbh.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 06:53 PM

Makes you wonder ..or shudder ..over what the average cost of a funeral is now doesn't it.
paulr
New Member!
uk
paulr is male 

16-02-2016, 06:57 PM

yes saved 10 grand!
fueral on average today is 4 thousand but apparently cost is rising about 8 per cent a year. i checked with national funeral trust!so in 15 to 20 years going to cost heck of a lot more.locked it in at todays price.as i said happy to pass on the person who did it for me
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by paulr ->
hi everyone
just thought id share with you that id recently looked at taking out one of these plans.i asked someone one to search a lot of providers on the market as it was a minefield.
glad i did and looks like im going to be saving at least 10 thousand pounds!!
happy to forward their details to anyone
hope this helps
paulr
Hello Paul, we don't allow spamming or use related selling on this site so please keep your comments general.
Thank you.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 06:59 PM

Most Funeral directors will let you pay up front , the thing is will they still be around when you pop off.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 07:07 PM

My brother's GF has just got a new job in a funeral directors and she has taken out a funeral plan because she said she had no idea of the costs involved before she got this job...

Mum wants to be buried in a wicker casket or a pretty one with butterlies but she says the cost would prevent her.. But did you know you do not have to buy your coffin from the funeral director?

There are no rules saying you have to have one of theirs so save a few 100 or 1,000. I love some of the more funky designs featured here and I sent mum the link but now she says shes spolit for choice! Not that shes planning anything anytime soon.

http://coffincompany.co.uk/wicker-coffins

talk about myths ...

http://www.naturaldeath.org.uk/index...sense-of-grief
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2016, 07:09 PM

I wonder what would happen if the funeral directors went bankrupt . Would they be able to honour the contract in years to come .

As for my funeral I've told the kids it's to be as cheap as possible . I like my bargains !

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top