Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 12:30 PM

Re: Yoga - health benefits

Annie. I’ll take it as a no you don’t do yoga any more.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
No way??? Oh how awesome that you have the privilege of doing it with Hindu people. That’s truly amazing.
The yoga I do is very spiritual also and it always finishes with a prayer. It starts with a warm up, then the main routine and ends with a cool down ( shivansana ) and a prayer. I think that’s wgy I like the series so much. The instruction is dubbed in afterwards so it’s not in the least bit distracting.
Yoga mindset should always be geared towards positivity.

Where abouts do you do your yoga and what time of the day?
So very cool.

Some of the really dedicated ones do a litle yoga together about 5 o/clock in the morning, but that is too early for me.

I have stopped my Monday class now, but still do my Wednesday morning one (10.30 a.m.) and my Saturday one (10. am). The Saturday one is in the Hindu Temple itself, which is a fascinating building with all the bright colours and effigy's of their Gods everywhere.

I don't know if you have it where you are Bratti, but in June each year, it is International Yoga Day, they just want to try and spread a day of peace and goodwill. There were approx 300 people at our local one last year. It is interesting, with diffrerent speakers, and some gentle exercises, and we all have a meal together afterwards. It is entirely free, even the meal.
Though this year our local yoga people have had to postpone it to 8th July for some reason.

Here is a bit about it to explain more:

https://www.jagranjosh.com/general-k...e-1497936471-1
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
One of my tutors also adds - "May all be positive."
She is always telling us to think positive, never allow your self to think negative. :-)
And then you come on here!!!

only joking!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

only joking!

Haha, that is true Ruthio.

Bratti, my tutor knows, and was taught by Swami Ramdev himself.

Google him if you are not sure who he is.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 05:52 PM

Mups, Mups, Mups. You lucky woman you.
So let me do a little recap here.
You have a male Hindu personal yoga instructor
You have a private visit from your local firemen AND you have some guy coming over to fix your gate.

You are into holistic gardening and
Love dogs

I am loving your lifestyle Mups.
Hindu yoga instructor! Does it get any better than that?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

29-06-2018, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

only joking!
You have a point
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-06-2018, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Mups, Mups, Mups. You lucky woman you.
So let me do a little recap here.
You have a male Hindu personal yoga instructor
You have a private visit from your local firemen AND you have some guy coming over to fix your gate.

You are into holistic gardening and
Love dogs

I am loving your lifestyle Mups.
Hindu yoga instructor! Does it get any better than that?

Haha, hold on Bratti, you are getting a bit carried away there m'dear.

The Saturday Yoga is a male Hindu chap, true, but he is not my personal instructor, I am merely in a class he takes.
It is not a big class though, there are about 10 of us usually, mostly Hindus.

The Wednesday class is run by a lovely Hindu lady who is the one who started me in yoga. She is very kind to me and often brings me goodies of Indian food she has cooked.
Again, they are nearly all Hindu people in this class as well.
I get on very well with all of them. They are gentle people, and took me under their wing and made me feel welcome from day one.

As for the hunky firemen - well they buggered off before they even got to my house! He said they would be back, but they never have, well not so far anyway.

As for the gate-fixing fella coming tomorrow, yes, he is quite nice, but he has a lovely partner already.

Tis true I love my little garden though, and am as anti-chemical as possible, and it is also true I love my dogs very much too.

Enjoy your yoga - and remember to always think positive!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

30-06-2018, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Haha, hold on Bratti, you are getting a bit carried away there m'dear.

The Saturday Yoga is a male Hindu chap, true, but he is not my personal instructor, I am merely in a class he takes.
It is not a big class though, there are about 10 of us usually, mostly Hindus.

The Wednesday class is run by a lovely Hindu lady who is the one who started me in yoga. She is very kind to me and often brings me goodies of Indian food she has cooked.
Again, they are nearly all Hindu people in this class as well.
I get on very well with all of them. They are gentle people, and took me under their wing and made me feel welcome from day one.

As for the hunky firemen - well they buggered off before they even got to my house! He said they would be back, but they never have, well not so far anyway.

As for the gate-fixing fella coming tomorrow, yes, he is quite nice, but he has a lovely partner already.

Tis true I love my little garden though, and am as anti-chemical as possible, and it is also true I love my dogs very much too.

Enjoy your yoga - and remember to always think positive!
Ahhh. I was just teasing you for having it so good. Even going to a group class taught by Hindu yogis is like a dream that few get to experience. They are definitely very gentle people and it’s a real treat that they took you in.

The fireman never even showed up? Ohhhh well how disappointing. I thought they were doing some type of demonstration in your area.

And I was actually envious of someone coming over to fix your fence because we are currently working on ours.

Anyway your lifestyle still sounds wonderful Mups.
Thanks.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2018, 05:39 AM

I love this section of the forum. You all inspired me to revisit some poses and vinyasa flow this last winter, and I am really enjoying it. One of the things I like best is that I can do it almost anywhere - including a hospital room!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

30-06-2018, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I love this section of the forum. You all inspired me to revisit some poses and vinyasa flow this last winter, and I am really enjoying it. One of the things I like best is that I can do it almost anywhere - including a hospital room!
That’s great Surfermom. This must be great stretching exercises to combine with all the running you do.

I’ve actually considered taking a class. It’s so much better to get personal direction from a qualified yoga instructor but I’ve gotten so used to doing it on my own that I’m not sure how much I’d like it.

I suppose I won’t know until I try. It might be a nice change.,
There are some good classes in the city nearest me that I may consider.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top