Join for free
Page 2 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 10:56 AM

Re: Hair!!!

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
My hair has most of its natural colour still. I would never consider dying it when I go grey.
I believe you.
I can't imagine you succumbing to vanity in any way Tara.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 11:05 AM

Bratti, I envy your absolutely gorgeous crowning glory, great ideas for hair doo dads, you could sell those.

Bad hair experience....Recently had to have my hair chopped short as I was in an accident and could not lift my arm to style it. I came home crying as I do not suit a pixie cut.

Moped and cursed .....UNTIL I went to visit my landlady who is undergoing chemo and has lost most of her hair.

A wake up call for me for sure, I felt so awful for my complaining.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 12:09 PM

Lovely hair Bratti

I started to go grey. in my twenties, so the colouring for fun soon became a necessity

I always had really dark brown hair, nearly black, so the whites were really noticeable

When I got to my 50s I was persuaded to go for lowlights which I liked at first, but hated the commitment to getting them done so I went cold turkey and allowed the grey to grow through

So now Im 99% grey and love it. Hair is in such good condition I wish I had done it sooner.

Theres still a hint of brown to it in patches so if Im going somewhere where I need to look my best, the hairdresser just matches those bits in for me
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 12:12 PM

Your hair is beautiful Bratti and I am quite envious.
I have had all sorts of disasters and a few successes over the years with my hair. I am naturally dark, but have been curly and most colours - blonde, red, streaked, etc. I was once so blonde that when I had a toner put on it went green These days I wear my hair short/midi length and what started out as a "Mallen streak" has gone white/grey all around the front, but it is still quite dark at the back. I don't colour or perm it these days - just wash and wear it as it comes. I really need a good cut at the moment, but my hairdresser has just retired so I have to find someone else. I might try cutting it myself for a while.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 01:25 PM

Thank you Silver Tabby!
Much appreciated. I’m not cutting it.
I’d like to try and grow it to knee length but I’ll see how it goes.

Hi Tarantula
I’ve had long hair my entire life except for 3 major cuts. The first one was due to having an obsessive father who went scissor crazy. My parents didn’t help me look after my hair at all but, touch wood, I’ve never, ever had lice. That would suck big time. I’m sorry you had such negative experiences but happy that you like your hair now. My best girlfriend has very short hair and I just LOVE it. Today I’ll ask her if I can post her picture. She’s as cute as a button.

Thank you for sharing your hair experiences.

Hey summer,
Thank you so very much. Your hair from your avatar looks lovely. The great thing about being a blonde is that transitioning to silver is usually the easiest and looks the nicest. I have an online friend who transitioned from bottle blonde to pure silver and her hair is knee lengths. It looks gorgeous. Someday you’ll do it and won’t look back. It’s such easy maintenance.
Thanks for sharing

Meg,
Your hair sounds lovely and while I appreciate,all natural, I liked colour too much to leave it but glad I have now because now I’ve got an ombré with contrasting colours.
I have to disagree with you though about hair dyes not allowing natural tones to show through. While I didn’t use box dye to colour my hair , ( used all natural substances ) these days there are many hair dyes that DO allow for natural tones to show through. They still aren’t good for your hair but they aren’t anything like they used to be.I’ve got to agree , however, that darker coloured hair actually ages the person more. It does tend to look harsher. Even my naturally coloured hair was starting to look a bit harsh. I really do prefer the silver/grey plus it’s easy maintenance. Just wash and air dry and while doing the roots was a PITA, the natural hair colour certainly allowed for the different tones to shine through. I wouldn’t have used it for 35 plus years if it didn’t.
And YES everyone needs to have hair that not only suites their appearance but also their lifestyle. For sure!

Thanks for your input Meg. Much appreciated.

Hi Carol,
Your hair sounds like it’s perfect for you.
I think one thing most people who don’t have long hair think is that long hair takes a lot more work to look after. This really isn’t necessarily true. Many people grow their hair long for the very reason that it doesn’t take much effort to look after. It gets washed and air dried. Once dried it gets put up into a bun and stays like that all day long. It’s actually awesome cause you can oil the ends and hide it within the hairstyle. I don’t blow dry , style or curl my hair whereas when it is shorter I HAVE to because I have cow licks everywhere that collide with each other. Perhaps another wavy/ curly can elaborate on this some. It’s like crashing waves.

None of these pics are professional but thanks all the same.

Anyway I’m driving to my parents house today to treat them to honey glazed chicken with honey glazed carrots , wild rice and gluten free devils food cake.
Ummmm yum it’s good.

Later peeps and thank you once more for your opinions.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by DaveA ->
Bratti asked, "Have you ever had a bad hair experience?"

Yes! I looked in the mirror one day, in my latter years, and realized that my hair had disappeared!!! - - -I kept glancing in th mirror every now and then but it never returned.
No hair shaming!
We're just "follically challenged!"
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 03:32 PM

Hi Bratti.....I finally made it here, I have been reading through all the interesting posts. I knew it would be a hit having a hair thread.....look at all the people who are interested in hair.

I am sorry I told you to post in General Chat...I forgot there was a special section...I just didn't want you to post where I couldn't participate.....as I am soooo interested in your hair.

I love the wonderful colours of today. I still haven't gotten to walmart for mine. It is a long way from me and I have a full calendar. I must look back through my photos and find one with the orange. That is the only colour I have tried and it was a permanent dye so it had to be coloured or let it grow out, so I just coloured it. I didn't realize we had other options.

I do have three wigs (had cancer), two are white/gray and one is highlighted light red with blonde highlights. They are great if I am having a bad hair day and have somewhere important to go.

You are brilliant Bratti.....congratulations on your bravery on trying new things, not everyone is so brave.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 03:59 PM

You've lovely hair Bratti .... looks like mine actually, even to the crinkly crimped look.
Do you have to watch you don't tuck it into the waistband of your jeans? I do.

I haven't been to a hairdressers since the late 1980's.
For me though, now I'm a certain age and the grey is starting to show (I've never dyed it in my life) .. I'm seriously considering having it lobbed to shoulder length so it's easier to keep nice. I always said I would at age 40, which slipped by and became a promise at 50 ... so it's overdue.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You've lovely hair Bratti .... looks like mine actually, even to the crinkly crimped look.
Do you have to watch you don't tuck it into the waistband of your jeans? I do.

I haven't been to a hairdressers since the late 1980's.
For me though, now I'm a certain age and the grey is starting to show (I've never dyed it in my life) .. I'm seriously considering having it lobbed to shoulder length so it's easier to keep nice. I always said I would at age 40, which slipped by and became a promise at 50 ... so it's overdue.
Hi Mort
It seems that you haven't been around much lately, I have missed you.

When I turned 40, all my friends said I shouldn't have long hair now that I am middle age.....so I cut it for the first time....What a big mistake...I had beautiful long hair......

Think 100 times before you cut it Mort, you might regret it and then it takes forever to grow back in.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 04:10 PM

Hi

My father and brothers went bald in their early twenties.

I am suddenly going bald in my sixties, the last few months.

My Son,Guy,has sent me some minoxidil.

He thinks it is hilarious.

Don't get it on your face,you will look like a werewolf.

Page 2 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top