Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 01:16 PM

Re: Big Little Lies

I missed it both times but it sounds good. Shame it's on sky Atlantic though with their ridiculously long advert breaks, advertising mainly themselves.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
You're right.

Dichte , Crime Reporter has run for 3 series ( I think).

Give it a go . I guarantee you'll love it.

I'm also in to The Truth about The Harry Quebert Affair on SKY 1. It's the TV adaptation of the worldwide bestseller ( La verite sur l'affaire Harry Quebert) by Swiss author Joel Dicker and starring Patrick Dempsey.

This 10 episode drama deserves a thread all of it's own. It is bloody brilliant!!
Moscow, l did start a thread about ‘The Truth About The Harry Quebert Affair’, when it started on Sky Witness, a few weeks ago.

I think it’s great!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by artangel ->
moscow, l did start a thread about ‘the truth about the harry quebert affair’, when it started on sky witness, a few weeks ago.

I think it’s great!

ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 06:41 PM

Liane Moriarty's 9 Perfect Strangers is the bbc radio 4's book at bedtime.

I've read several of her books, all good.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I missed it both times but it sounds good. Shame it's on sky Atlantic though with their ridiculously long advert breaks, advertising mainly themselves.
Yes the Ads are a pain

My partner works shifts so we record all the series we 're in to and then watch them on an evening we're in together.

That way you just fast forward through the adverts !! Plus you can binge watch if you have two or three episodes recorded!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Yes the Ads are a pain

My partner works shifts so we record all the series we 're in to and then watch them on an evening we're in together.

That way you just fast forward through the adverts !! Plus you can binge watch if you have two or three episodes recorded!
I suppose one day I might catch up with modern recording methods.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 11:23 PM

I've finally got round to watching all 7 episodes of Big Little Lies. Did'nt think it would be for me, what with all the main characters being women, but it was rather splendid! Great story and acting from all the main leads. Apparently series two has been made, and will be shown sometime in 2019. Can't wait!!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 03:08 AM

I have the series on my server (no ads there) but I haven't got past the opening scenes of the first episode for various reasons (mainly involving time)

Have been told it is very good - will eventually get round to watching it.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have the series on my server (no ads there) but I haven't got past the opening scenes of the first episode for various reasons (mainly involving time)

Have been told it is very good - will eventually get round to watching it.
It's worth making time Bruce...I loved it.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 01:15 PM

Must say, I'm really enjoying the 2nd series. Number three of seven is on tonight. Meryl Streep has slotted in beautifully, as Nicole Kidman's mother in law from hell. Certainly one of the best series around at the moment. The theme tune is great as well.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top