Join for free
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 09:44 PM

Re: Is Glamour Only For The Young?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Years ago, when an older woman in the office wore a really low cut top with her cleavage showing. We used to say, ‘Ooh, Look she’s wearing her tea money dress’.

The joke was, that’s where she popped the tea money she collected, down the front!
That made me laugh Art.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 12:07 AM

Ok then.
Thanks ladies.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I think it was easier to "make up" when I was young...now being in my early 50s its a little more challenging lol
I cant wear much mascara cos it irritates my dry eyes..ive never worn lipstick
My hairs shot to pieces through no fault of my own (cancer chemo) so yes id love to look good but sadly fate and nature has her own agenda going on ...we cant all be glamour pusses lol (well thats my excuse an im sticking to it )
I say if youve got it then flipping flaunt it while you can !!
I don't wear mascara either Aysa, I found out the hard way, that you can only keep it for a fairly short time, then you have to throw it out as it gives you some kind of bacteria infection.......my eyes used to get so irritated, but I would be using it for months on end......
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 12:36 AM

I think mini skirts and skorts look nice on a woman if she has good legs. It is not always about "age as a number"....some of us, look much younger than we are and we can pull things off..... that others our age, can't.........

I have friends who won't be caught dead in a pair of shorts, but I wear them all the time, as I have good legs and I think they look nice, but I don't wear short shorts, I like them just above the knee......

I think our hair is our "crowning glory".......keep your hair beautiful, and you are half way there already.

I hear people saying older women should not wear long hair. I don't like that because some women look wonderful with long hair. I have friends with long hair and I envy them....

I think a lot of people might be in their 50's and 60's on here, so you are probably feeling a bit judgemental about ladies older than yourself by saying that they shouldn't do this or that or wear this or that........BUT WAIT, I can hardly wait to see how you feel when you get in your 70s and 80s and you have a half decent figure and nice long hair, and you are happy as hell with how you look........I say "all the power to her"...........
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 12:41 AM

I don't like long hair on myself because it drags my face down and makes me look much older as it did my sister. Have a haircut from long to shoulder length in late 50s or 60s and personally I think it knocks years off you
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

05-11-2018, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I don't like long hair on myself because it drags my face down and makes me look much older as it did my sister. Have a haircut from long to shoulder length in late 50s or 60s and personally I think it knocks years off you
I saw you picture, your hair is "perfect" and suits you well Lion..

I think it is how Arty described in the first post.......
It is different strokes for different folks....

We are all different, we are all built different, some of us are covered in wrinkes and some hardly have any.....

Some of us have beautiful breasts and some look terrible in bathing suit because their breasts hang down so badly......

Some older people in their 70's look younger than those in their 60's and it has a lot to do with how much sickness they have had in their lives.......

My mom at 90, looked like an 80 year old.......

I don't like to see this thread all about "bashing women" and "making fun of them".........makes us look "catty", no matter what age they are or what their health is like...we need to build each other up, encourage each other, not make fun of people......don't you agree?

Ok, I'll shuddup now..........carry on ladies, I have to go make my tea and rock in my rocker,
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 12:59 AM

Whoah, no one is making fun of people I don't think, just merely saying it how they see it, differing opinions.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

05-11-2018, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Whoah, no one is making fun of people I don't think, just merely saying it how they see it, differing opinions.
Don't take me too serious Lion. I think when someone says a person looks like "a case of mutton dressed as lamb"....here in Canada, we look at that as making fun of someone....but I know, "when in Rome, do as the Roman's do"........so I should be encouraging myself to think more like the girls in the UK......

I think you are beautiful Lion and I wouldn't insult you for the world....... (so don't pay any attention to me tonight, maybe I am having one of my sensitive moments)
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 01:38 AM

Thanks Blue. I agree with you.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

05-11-2018, 08:59 AM

Here’s a good article on the subject

https://www.revelist.com/body-positi...hen-they-are/1

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top