Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 05:14 AM

Bugger!

When I got up this morning my Samsung Galaxy S7 was dead, it had gone to meet its maker, it had joined the choir invisible, if it hadn't been plugged into its charger it would be pushing up the daisies...

No problem I thought, as a temporary measure I will use one of the many spare phones in my drawer.

Hummph! None of them take a Nano SIM and I only have a frame for a Micro SIM.

Rushed down the Post Office because they are selling an Huawei Nova E3 for $299 - the bastards don't have any in stock. Finally found a place in Sydney that will send one down over night!

It is just a cheap phone but it will do for the moment. I am a bit pissed off with Samsung at the moment so they can stick their S9 or S10 where the sun don't shine.

Oh yes... Don't ring me until after tomorrow.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 09:06 AM

Re: Bugger!

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
When I got up this morning my Samsung Galaxy S7 was dead, it had gone to meet its maker, it had joined the choir invisible, if it hadn't been plugged into its charger it would be pushing up the daisies...

No problem I thought, as a temporary measure I will use one of the many spare phones in my drawer.

Rushed down the Post Office because they are selling an Huawei Nova E3 for $299 - the bastards don't have any in stock. Finally found a place in Sydney that will send one down over night!

It is just a cheap phone but it will do for the moment. I am a bit pissed off with Samsung at the moment so they can stick their S9 or S10 where the sun don't shine.

Noted Bruce. Hope you make it through this.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

Whats the hurry Brucy? Tommorrow's another day!

Regards Donkeyman!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 09:59 AM

Who needs a mobile phone anyway? I don't.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Let Bruce have it in that case.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I don't either. But my dear wife got one for me. Ten quid from Argos. She worries if I'm out walking the dog in the dark. If I get mugged, it's just one more thing for them to nick.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-06-2019, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I don't either. But my dear wife got one for me. Ten quid from Argos. She worries if I'm out walking the dog in the dark. If I get mugged, it's just one more thing for them to nick.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 11:12 AM

Oooer Bruce, that's a pretty expensive phone you have there.
It made me gulp when I found out the price of the Samsung latest models.

I laughed though when you mentioned nano sim. The same problem experienced by HWMO and myself when our phones gave up the ghost and we delved into the drawer upstairs at the many phones we had. Not one of them would work with the current sim card. I think they must be pretty obsolete now.

Personally, it took me years to change from my next up from the brick phone to the next model, which was then probably twenty models back from what everyone else was using.

As long as I can phone out, receive calls, text and use Whatsapp to chat in private, that is all I need my mobile phone for, so the cheap models will do me fine.

Good luck with getting back in tune with your Samsung!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Oooer Bruce, that's a pretty expensive phone you have there.
It made me gulp when I found out the price of the Samsung latest models.

I laughed though when you mentioned nano sim. The same problem experienced by HWMO and myself when our phones gave up the ghost and we delved into the drawer upstairs at the many phones we had. Not one of them would work with the current sim card. I think they must be pretty obsolete now.

Personally, it took me years to change from my next up from the brick phone to the next model, which was then probably twenty models back from what everyone else was using.

As long as I can phone out, receive calls, text and use Whatsapp to chat in private, that is all I need my mobile phone for, so the cheap models will do me fine.

Good luck with getting back in tune with your Samsung!
SG, Don’t you get your children’s cast offs? I get an iPhone off my daughters when they upgrade. I never used to mind that my mobile phone was an old model but once you’ve tasted top of the range slim mobile phones, you can’t go back to the prehistoric ones!

Bruce, Apologies for the interruption to your thread. I hope you get your new phone soon. It sounds, impressive!
I have an old Samsung Galaxy and a few old Nokia’s in the drawer that you could’ve had!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Bruce, Apologies for the interruption to your thread. I hope you get your new phone soon. It sounds, impressive!
I have an old Samsung Galaxy and a few old Nokia’s in the drawer that you could’ve had!
I have a Galaxy S4 which was my previous phone but as I recall the battery struggled to make it through the day by the time I bought the S7, unfortunately it takes the Micro SIM.

The Huawei will do for the moment until I decide what to get but before I put my phone to bed last night I was considering the fate of my tablet because that was only just lasting a day on its battery. It is the old 4:3 Samsung Tab A 8" whereas the current model is 16:9 costing $299 (what a co-incidence?).

I am wondering if that sealed my phone's fate. Instead of peacefully passing away in the night as they charged together the poor phone was murdered in a rit of fealous jage by my tablet. We may never know the truth.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top