Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:09 PM

Train or Coach holidays.

My ex mother in law used to have 1 or 2 days away on coach holidays in the UK. She always seemed to enjoy herself and meet nice people.

Can anyone recommend Train or Coach holidays in the UK please.
Just 1 or 2 day breaks please.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:11 PM

Re: Train or Coach holidays.

Check out the Shearings website
I'm always told great things about them
They sound like professional outfit
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:47 PM

Yes, Shearings are good. We've been with them several times.

National Holidays are also worth having a look at. They have a massive choice of 1,2 & 3 day holidays to very interesting places. They also do London theatre visits including an overnight hotel & time to spend in London the next day.

You may also have a local coach company that does coach holidays.
The advantage of this is that your travel companions all come from the same area.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 07:00 PM

Crusader are tops but it depends whereabouts you are. They do have 'feeder' coaches but tend to operate mainly around the SE. We have had several great holidays with them

One memorable moment was thundering down a French motorway with 'Land of hope & Glory' playing at top volume.

http://www.crusader-holidays.co.uk/

If you click on travel information/joining points, it will show a map of collection points.

Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 05:43 AM

Thankyou.
I will have a look at these sites. I may have decided this too late to book anything so will end up having to drive instead which I was trying to avoid.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 06:09 AM

I.ve been on a few holidays with National, they are very cheap. Last one I went on was a musical theatre weekend to London, it was great and the hotel was lovely. Sometimes the accommodation can be a bit basic but clean, you can't expect really posh hotels with what you pay but i.ve been pleasantly surprised a few times. The mystery weekends are great value , you can get some for £59 food included!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Thankyou.
I will have a look at these sites. I may have decided this too late to book anything so will end up having to drive instead which I was trying to avoid.
I'm not sure if they still do it but with Crusader, you used to be able to book which seats you got, on a first come first served basis. We used to book well in advance and always got the front seats. You kept the same seats throughout the tour, none of that rotation rubbish.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:52 AM

I have used Shearings a lot but got fed up with the driver constantly chatting, telling stupid jokes, leaving the mic on, and I cannot abide music forced on me!! I have had to endure a radio programme playing over the speakers which didn’t let me enjoy a quiet read, or even my own choice of music. So I started using the train.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 09:59 AM

never used either but spending 2 days on a train stuck under some tunnel or other is not my idea of a holiday. Come to that nor is a coach holiday being stuck on the M25 or M6 for 2 days.

Flying is the answer
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2019, 11:09 AM

Not sure anyone does a 1 day or even 2 day coach holiday . .This is a way to find out which coach company is going where http://www.coachholidays.com/
Alfa have a good reputatio .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top