Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 04:48 PM

Re: The power of beauty

That is usually the power of the wallet .
Weathly powerful men have good looking wives .
It's always been that way .

Young beautiful women do marry old men.

Rich old men .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 04:54 PM

Ah,...But in order to get to that wallet.

You must possess beauty...in a lot of cases.

"Trophy Wife".
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
There is much truth in the saying - Beauty comes from within.

It cannot always be bought in a tube or pot.
I agree with this Mups, the plainest of people somehow seem so beautiful if they have a good, kind heart
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 11:11 AM

Sadly LQ this is a myth .
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm not sure about good looking being better treated but I do know if you are very overweight you aren't treated very well, I've been there myself, during my grief I gained a tremendous amount of weight and since I lost all the weight it's amazing now how I am suddenly not so invisible.

I kid you not.

People will go out of their way to talk to me now and strike up conversations, yet, when I was very overweight people out in public rarely spoke to me (unless they had no choice because I spoke to them first)

I find some people very shallow, at the end of the day I'm the same person I was back then, I just look different now, some people do judge a book by the cover and it's quite sad..
Well to be completely truthful here, overweight isn’t considered attractive by most people’s standards so we ARE talking the same thing but this IS a TWO way street here.

Some of this has to do with your openness to being accepted by people. I know when I was overweight I wasn’t open and receptive to having people talk to me. I was in a deep depression. Once I lost the weight I was then much more receptive to having people chat with me and people seem to pick up on that.

So it’s still somewhat sad but not quite as cut and dry
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 04:36 PM

If I go shopping with my tall, slim, blonde daughter we get better treatment than if I go with my plump, short, brunette daughter.
It's quite different and unfair imo.
If I go on my own I get ignored .
Men get quite daft when my blonde daughter talks to them. If I need anything done to my car, she goes with me, not because she gets a better price but, because she knows more about cars than they do. They are quite surprised when she tells them what needs doing.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

27-06-2019, 05:55 PM

I get ignored too Tessa .
Except when I go out with my tall handsome son and then young women want to be nice to me !

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top