Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 11:23 PM

Re: Top Gear

Third episode in sop far on this new line-up and it's becoming a classic. Right in the vein of the old school three and their wacky shenanigans.
The challenge featuring the hearse on episode 3 was absolutely hilarious.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 09:48 AM

I agree with others that Top Gear is simply dreadful since Clarkson and Co were booted out.

Watched the new presenters this week, Paddy & Co and thought it was horrific.

The problem is that all three of them are extremely wooden actors and let's make no bones about it they ARE acting here. You can almost visibly imagine the large white script cards that someone behind the camera must be holding up for them. Their lines are clearly rehearsed and are delivered so woodenly that it comes across like a school nativity play.

I watched the episode this week with Flintoff crawling into the hearse and then the other 2 pulling him out and banging his head on the flap door. Really amatuerish. You can tell that the entire move was staged and set up, you can see the little guy carefully prop the flap up with his elbow until the right moment to let it drop on Flintoff's head. Very amateur stuff TBH.

Then there was the puerile challenge of stuffing three cars with random items which for whatever reason they just scripted to be a free for all nonsense, with Paddy & co pulling out all of Flintoff's items. Epic fail in entertainment value. You can see they are trying so desperately to mimic the pranks of Clarkson, Hammond and May but lack all of the subtley and production values.

Then finally there's the ridiculously staged race of the hearse through a dirt track where it is so obviously driven round a corner fast enough that it will topple over. This is dumbed down TV at its worst imo. Of course this "Plot line" was needed so that they could subsequently do the Donkey Derby section.

All in all the useless Beeb has tried to grab hold of well known comedy actor Paddy to try and rescue the now disastrous Top Gear brand. Essentially aiming for a different type of audience (the 'Take Me Out' moronic followers).
That's an audience too stupid to see and realise that literally everything is set up, every conversation, every event. Genuinely there are Take Me Out watchers who really think what they are seeing is spontaneous and not set up and that the boy/girl choices are real. They are mindless gullibles.

Such now is the direction of Top Gear. It has come to this. Desperate times require desperate measures and Top Gear has now firmly been given the dumbed down, "I'll make a celebrity idiot of myself for cash and fame" treatment which places the whole programme on the same footing as TOWIE and Big Brother. A sad demise to what was a leading TV brand and entertainment show.

The BBC is an insipid elitist political institution run by morons who repeatedly abuse their position of broadcasting power with uber biased material and brainwashing programmes.

It has become a farcical organisation and a national embarrassment imo. It's time it was taken over and the TV licence cancelled.

Clarkson, Hammond and May ARE the Top Gear brand and always will be. Nobody can replace that trio of comedy actors, just as nobody could replace Ronnie Barker in Porridge or John Cleese in Fawlty Towers. Simple as.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 11:23 AM

What a fantastic breath of fresh air the three presenters are on Top Gear now, it's really saved the show. It's so hilarious and they work extremely well together with their light-hearted antics. I'm definitely back to being a fan once again. Long may it run!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top