Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 05:02 PM

Re: Coffee House

There's some great graffiti in some bogs.

In one case where the bottom of the door was about a foot above the floor someone had writ "Beware of homosexual limbo dancers"!

Another bog had the following "Don't beam me up yet Scotty, I'm having a shi " with the 'i' carried on up the door!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
My phone doesn't take pictures.

Even if it did,I wouldn't have done that.

She was the manager,Zuleika,surely it was her duty to check these toilet facilities ?

It really was disgusting...
Fair nuff --- but I'm capable of being a really nasty bastard when the occasion calls for it.

On the occasion you describe I would have taken the view it did call for it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 07:30 PM

I'd never complain if it's a place I go to regularly. They might spit in your coffee or something....

Some cafes and even restaurants have disgusting loos. It would just put me off going there again.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'd never complain if it's a place I go to regularly. They might spit in your coffee or something....

Some cafes and even restaurants have disgusting loos. It would just put me off going there again.

I don't think they could spit in your coffee at this place,Annie,..they make the drink right in front of you.

You are definitely right though,in some places they could well do that.
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 09:07 PM

I would certainly complain to the manager but not in the way suggested by “The Artful Todger”, there really is no need for that.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 09:10 PM

I don't think there is any "right way" to complain.

Each to their own.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There's some great graffiti in some bogs.

In one case where the bottom of the door was about a foot above the floor someone had writ "Beware of homosexual limbo dancers"!

Another bog had the following "Don't beam me up yet Scotty, I'm having a shi " with the 'i' carried on up the door!
While you're reading this, you are pissing on your shoes.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
While you're reading this, you are pissing on your shoes.
Interesting aside, but how do men avoid this? A little shake like you do with the petrol hose?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-06-2019, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I don't think they could spit in your coffee at this place,Annie,..they make the drink right in front of you.

You are definitely right though,in some places they could well do that.
Well they may have a stack of dirty cups for difficult customers.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 09:51 PM

I can't think of anywhere I've been that I would have cause to complain about the state of public toilets but if there were I would quietly complain to the management. Feedback is crucial and I often see signs above the hand washing facilities, asking the customer to contact the staff if there is a problem with cleanliness. Door handles are amongst the worst offenders, as many do not wash their hands after using the toilet. When I worked for Unilever back in the 1970's, I was sometimes lab supervisor and we ran bug checks in all sorts of places and door handles were usually worse than toilet seats. On one occasion, my boss and I were having a pee and as we were washing our hands one of the workers emerged from a cubical followed by a rather obnoxious smell and headed straight for the door. My boss stopped him saying "What about washing your hands?" The worker said "Oh it's ok chief, I'm not going back into the factory , I'm going to have lunch!" We introduced another training program!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top