Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 09:17 PM

Re: Washing

Pauline, What a coincidence!
My washing machine didn’t smell but l have had red mite in my hen coops and l am using powders and sprays every day to get rid of them. I have also been washing my clothes every day.
I decided to wash my old Barbour jacket, which was a huge mistake! After that, the washing l put in the machine came out with navy bits on the clothes. I rinsed the washing again and it still had the bits on it. I even washed it again and it still had bits on it.

I looked online how to clean the washing machine and it advised using baking soda in the detergent drawer and put the machine on with no washing in it, on a hot cycle. It also advised using white vinegar but l didn’t have any of that.
The baking soda did the trick! I clean the filter a lot, so that was ok.
A friend has given me a bottle of Duzzit which is a washing machine cleaner.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 09:54 PM

What a pain,Art..thank you for your advice,..everyone has been so helpful..

Thank you all..I really appreciate it...it's on 90 degrees,empty and having a good clean,Primus...
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 10:03 PM

I guess 30 years in the business counts for something...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 12:41 PM

Primes.

I have done everything you asked of me..

Took my washing out...it was covered in black mould!!.

Joking....seriously...no smell as of yet!.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 03:26 PM

Minx.....
Galloway2019
Galloway, Scotland
Galloway2019 is male  Galloway2019 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 09:39 PM

My washing machine doesn't smell but my washing never smells nice either, when my wife used to use it the washing always smelt nice and fresh and scented but I haven't a clue what settings to use for stuff like t shirts jeans grundys etc they are clean when they come out but definitely not the same. I use those capsule doodahs but any tips are most welcome.......they should bring out a Haynes Manual for people who live alone and I can strip a car or motorbike engine no problem i can built computers but a sodding washing machine is like witchcraft to me lol. I have found the filter and its totally clean and no mould anywhere. What temperature is ok for jeans/t shirts etc I don't wear woolly jumpers but wear fleeces.
Bet I sound like a right numpty but if you have never used them before you have to learn sometime, before i was married i used to wash all my stuff with a twin tub and they always smelt nice and fresh.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 01:39 AM

A dash of eucalyptus oil in a wash makes a big difference to your machine and the wash. Personally I love the smell but don't over do it, a cap full is enough.

(be aware I also like the smell of moth balls)
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I guess 30 years in the business counts for something...
Can you use a kettle of boiling water on the rubber seal instead of running the boil wash for mould ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 05:20 AM

Just found this article on vinegar.
https://www.thespruce.com/top-uses-f...aundry-2147286
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

10-07-2019, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Galloway2019 ->
My washing machine doesn't smell but my washing never smells nice either, when my wife used to use it the washing always smelt nice and fresh and scented but I haven't a clue what settings to use for stuff like t shirts jeans grundys etc they are clean when they come out but definitely not the same. I use those capsule doodahs but any tips are most welcome.......they should bring out a Haynes Manual for people who live alone and I can strip a car or motorbike engine no problem i can built computers but a sodding washing machine is like witchcraft to me lol. I have found the filter and its totally clean and no mould anywhere. What temperature is ok for jeans/t shirts etc I don't wear woolly jumpers but wear fleeces.
Bet I sound like a right numpty but if you have never used them before you have to learn sometime, before i was married i used to wash all my stuff with a twin tub and they always smelt nice and fresh.
Hang your clothles in the wind and sun and they will smell nice personally I don't like the smell of washing powder .

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top