Join for free
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 11:51 PM

Re: In the garden today

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Are those from your Cosmos seeds LD? Very nice!

I planted some and am pleased to see they are in bud, I'll post them when they bloom
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 08:12 AM

Ooo lovely photos! My garden is a complete mess, still trying to change it from chippings and weed filled lawn to something "different". Still, only moved here last year, lost loads of plants I brought with me due to the snow and last summer's heat.
I'll post a few photos later of a work in progress with a lot of help from daughter.
There has been a fantastic sale at Cheddar Garden Centre which I may have attended
Lots of plants for £1 or £2, shrubs and perrenials...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 08:42 AM

Very pretty LD I think it is a good idea to use pots to accentuate plants and to move colour around the garden .

This is a cheap hydrangea they were selling off at B&Q some months ago..

Last year when I went on holiday I returned to find a lot of plants had died in the heat , this year I have more things in pots and was able to move them into the shade into a trough of wet gravel and they all survived

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010045.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	10183  
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Are those from your Cosmos seeds LD? Very nice!

I planted some and am pleased to see they are in bud, I'll post them when they bloom
Hi Mags, no they are some unpronounceable name, not grown from seeds. the Cosmos seeds didn't work but I did plant a few plug plants which came up ok, smaller than I imagined though.

they looked lovely until about a week ago when Mups threw a box full of slugs over my fence.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P7061150.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	10185  
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 10:59 AM

Some excellent gardeners on the OFF great pictures

My Lillies are starting to bloom over the last 2 days well worth waiting for. Such a pity they don't last that long.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 11:21 AM

Wow! They are monsters LF. I love the smell of lilies.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 11:38 AM

Great blooms everyone, it's turning out to be a really good year in the flower borders and those pics are a credit to you all...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 04:27 PM

[QUOTE=Longdogs;1741494]Hi Mags, no they are some unpronounceable name, not grown from seeds. the Cosmos seeds didn't work but I did plant a few plug plants which came up ok, smaller than I imagined though.

they looked lovely until about a week ago when Mups threw a box full of slugs over my fence.

Oh no she didn't! . . . . But she will now!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 05:17 PM

Gorgeous flower pictures.
It’s nice sharing enjoyment in the same hobby.
It’s fun seeing how creative members are in their gardening. Some of my lilies are coming out also
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 05:44 PM

[QUOTE=Mups;1741683]
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hi Mags, no they are some unpronounceable name, not grown from seeds. the Cosmos seeds didn't work but I did plant a few plug plants which came up ok, smaller than I imagined though.

Oh no she didn't! . . . . But she will now!
Serves you right LD ..

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top