Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 03:34 AM

Re: Do you have a mobile phone?

I have a Samsung J3 2016, two years old. I bought it outright for £126 and pay £6 per month all in.

I use it a lot for this forum mostly, but also use a PC if I'm at a desk. I make a few calls but not many, I have a memo facility that I keep all my reminders and works holidays etc on. I don't bother with apps much except for my bank, Amazon, Ebay and the OFF website on the home screen forn easy access. I take a few photos. I don't bother with music on it but I watch Longfellow's videos via my work PC.
It's absolutely essential at work when I can find time to pop in and out of here.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 06:38 AM

My phone is a Motorola G5 and i.m wanting a new one as I like to take photos and the camera on this isn't much good. I was looking in car phone warehouse yesterday and the prices of some phones were just ridiculously high like £800! I couldn't pay that for a phone.

Recommendations for a good phone with good camera spec for a decent price anyone?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->

This post by realspeed on the 'No Internet' thread got me wondering...

Do you have a mobile phone? Do you use it much & what for?
Yes,I have a mobile phone....I need one for work.

It's just your basic phone from Tesco.

I also have all of my contacts stored on it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 07:10 AM

Don't bother about the phone much, it don't matter how much data you got if every time you want to select a web page, you end up typing WEE, instead of WWW.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
My phone is a Motorola G5 and i.m wanting a new one as I like to take photos and the camera on this isn't much good. I was looking in car phone warehouse yesterday and the prices of some phones were just ridiculously high like £800! I couldn't pay that for a phone.

Recommendations for a good phone with good camera spec for a decent price anyone?
Hi

I have one pf these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Android-DOO...-2-spons&psc=1
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 07:25 AM

I am a true oldie and still use PAYG. All my phone does is text and calls. That suits me but Google doesn't like it, they want me to buy a smart phone in order to continue using Chromecast.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 08:54 AM

I have to ask, how would you all get on ,say for a week, without one. Also the money spent buying and running cost work out to how much a year.

I bet if you didn't have one at all you could have by now a good expensive holiday instead, if not even more than one.

I would rather had a really good holiday each year , for example last year the Norwegian Fjords- This year Japan
Next year a grand river cruise in Europe (Amsterdam-Budapest) all excursions included for 15 days including flights. This is not forgetting all the other countries visited,the list is long

Have you ever noticed the stupid phone walk people do when on a mobile phone?. It is head down and wandering about ,usually in a circle, oblivious to anything and all about them. Mouths opening and closing like goldfish out of water.
When they finish on the phone they find themselves facing the opposite way they intended to go.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
£10 per month SIM only deal for unlimited texts, 500mins of calls and 4Gb data.
Who is that with Judd? I had a deal like this but then they put it up gradually.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I have to ask, how would you all get on ,say for a week, without one. Also the money spent buying and running cost work out to how much a year.

I bet if you didn't have one at all you could have by now a good expensive holiday instead, if not even more than one.

I would rather had a really good holiday each year , for example last year the Norwegian Fjords- This year Japan
Next year a grand river cruise in Europe (Amsterdam-Budapest) all excursions included for 15 days including flights

Have you ever noticed the stupid phone walk people do when on a mobile phone?. It is head down and wandering about ,usually in a circle, oblivious to anything and all about them.
When they finish on the phone they find themselves facing the wrong way they intended to go.
Mine costs £180 a year to run sim only and the handset cost just over £100. The cost of a weekend away in the UK. It's having the latest models that costs.

My phone has been very useful on holiday. I even texted the UK when I got lost in the desert in Jordan many years ago! That was before smartphones. I didn't have the number of the guide. You can google taxis for the airport and see reviews for restaurants and excursions etc. Plus of course they have a camera.

I totally agree about the "xombie" walk and the way that it has reduced social interaction and sucked us in. I resisted for many years. But it's very difficult to do anything without one now. Many public services are now linked to apps and not available otherwise. For example I can re order prescriptions and it reminds you of hospital or GP appointments. If I want to park my car there is a really handy app so you don't even have to get out.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2019, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

I only have a basic Nokia. It cost me £40 and I pay £10 a month to 'run' it.

£160 in a whole year! It would pay for a special night out but not a holiday!!

Yes of course I could manage without it but used sensibly they're a great time saver and brilliant if you need to get hold of somebody in an emergency.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top