Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 09:14 AM

Re: Kim Darroch out

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Despite costing taxpayers around £40 million every year, the royal family has consistently forfeited the profits garnered from the land they own — revenue that amounts to about*"); £200 million*every year. This means that simply letting the Queen stay in Buckingham Palace earns the UK £160 million every year.

On top of that, tourists flock to a country that still has living monarchs, earning the UK about £7 billion in annual revenue.

Queen Elizabeth II certainly doesn’t rule with the iron fist of her distant ancestors, but she definitely isn’t worthless. Even if many of the duties granted to her in the royal prerogative don’t amount to much, those in power still listen closely to her opinion and she’s adored by a vast majority of her subjects.
The Queen also has a special relationship with the Prime Minister, retaining the right to appoint and also meeting with him or her on a regular basis.
She may not have much power, but she sure is powerful.
Like crime in a multistorey car park, wrong on so many levels.
JJ50
United Kingdom
JJ50 is female 

12-07-2019, 10:57 AM

Darroch stated what many, like myself, think of Trump and his administration. I wonder which mischief maker leaked the information? I just hope he isn't replace with a supporter of Trump.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Like crime in a multistorey car park, wrong on so many levels.
Wrong in your eyes (free country, so no argument on your opinion) but a fact nonetheless.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 05:07 PM

Wrong in your eyes (free country, so no argument on your opinion) but a fact nonetheless.
Fair 'nuff. Perception is reality in the eye of the watcher.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 06:14 PM

Fair 'nuff. Perception is reality in the eye of the watcher.
You see? That didn't hurt, did it?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

12-07-2019, 06:23 PM

You see? That didn't hurt, did it?
Sez you.

I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side. I've asked for them to be replaced but no one ever listens.

(Apologies to the late great Douglas Adams)
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 06:57 PM

Despite costing taxpayers around £40 million every year, the royal family has consistently forfeited the profits garnered from the land they own — revenue that amounts to about*"); £200 million*every year. This means that simply letting the Queen stay in Buckingham Palace earns the UK £160 million every year.

On top of that, tourists flock to a country that still has living monarchs, earning the UK about £7 billion in annual revenue.

Queen Elizabeth II certainly doesn’t rule with the iron fist of her distant ancestors, but she definitely isn’t worthless. Even if many of the duties granted to her in the royal prerogative don’t amount to much, those in power still listen closely to her opinion and she’s adored by a vast majority of her subjects.
The Queen also has a special relationship with the Prime Minister, retaining the right to appoint and also meeting with him or her on a regular basis.
She may not have much power, but she sure is powerful.
Hello earth to solly
On what planet are you presently residing ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

12-07-2019, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Hello earth to solly
On what planet are you presently residing ?
Can I conclude from your question you didn't know this?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

12-07-2019, 08:07 PM

I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side. I've asked for them to be replaced but no one ever listens.

(Apologies to the late great Douglas Adams)
Yes, that seems to be your fate. You're doomed bro.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

12-07-2019, 08:37 PM

Yes, that seems to be your fate. You're doomed bro.
Something to look forward to then. Just don't talk to me about life. It's awful.

BTW ---- are you aquatinted with the works of Douglas Adams? While having something of a cult following (I wrote CULT) his Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy can be fun if you have a certain type of sense of humour.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top