Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 03:58 PM

Re: Brexit and Fisheries.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Well, if we do retain our fishing waters, it will hopefully help with the revival of our depressed coastal towns which were decimated and thousands lost their livelihoods when we joined the Common Market.

I also hope that whoever becomes PM, one of the first things they will do is to order a dozen fishery protection vessels. I have a feeling we may need them.

Too right SG that's exactly what we need to do.

Theres more to GDP than just fish as well there are also other advantages that come from it such as tourism, restaurants, food processing, angling supplies, charter fishing etc etc.

I fished the colchester sea fishing club match last night and between me and my friend we had about £4000 worth of gear we were using. Us British also build the best fishing rods in the world. At £550 a go it's very lucrative industry with a lot being made in the north east.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 04:00 PM

Well, if we do retain our fishing waters, it will hopefully help with the revival of our depressed coastal towns which were decimated and thousands lost their livelihoods when we joined the Common Market.

I also hope that whoever becomes PM, one of the first things they will do is to order a dozen fishery protection vessels. I have a feeling we may need them.
Hi

SG, this my beef about saying we are ready for No Deal.

We voted to leave 3 years ago.

Fisheries protection vessels should have been ordered then , from UK Shipyards.

I trust Nigel with Fisheries, I do not trust Boris, he is too London centered.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

SG, this my beef about saying we are ready for No Deal.

We voted to leave 3 years ago.

Fisheries protection vessels should have been ordered then , from UK Shipyards.

I trust Nigel with Fisheries, I do not trust Boris, he is too London centered.

I completely agree with you here.

I was asked to go fishing with Farage about a year and a half ago but couldn't go because I had to be somewhere else. He's a pretty good caster you know

Serious question ... would you trust Gove with fisheries given his background ? I wouldn't...
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 04:07 PM

Last time I was in Urk, every fisher was buying the union jack. Now I understand. They'l be fishing under british flag after brexit.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by bread ->
i completely agree with you here.

I was asked to go fishing with farage about a year and a half ago but couldn't go because i had to be somewhere else. He's a pretty good caster you know

serious question ... Would you trust gove with fisheries given his background ? I wouldn't...

Pity he didn't attend the fisheries committee he was being paid to attend the robbing bas...
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The votes would be split ... do the maths and bear in mind the outcome of indy ref #1

Plus the majority of Scots don't even want another referendum
The jury’s our on that one

I work with a quite a few Scottish engineers, the majority of whom voted to remain in the Indyref primarily because they wanted hi remain in the EU

All except one would now vote for independence should there be an indyref 2 as they are more pro EU than they are pro UK

So it seems there may be a Brexit backlash and you can’t rely in the indyref numbers
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

14-07-2019, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->

I work with a quite a few Scottish engineers, the majority of whom voted to remain in the Indyref primarily because they wanted hi remain in the EU

All except one would now vote for independence should there be an indyref 2 as they are more pro EU than they are pro UK

So it seems there may be a Brexit backlash and you can’t rely in the indyref numbers

It wont happen... your dreaming
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->

Your correct, you can't rely on the numbers. There is a massive movement up here for Independence but it's never reported down south by the papers or the BBC.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Too right SG that's exactly what we need to do.

Theres more to GDP than just fish as well there are also other advantages that come from it such as tourism, restaurants, food processing, angling supplies, charter fishing etc etc.

I fished the colchester sea fishing club match last night and between me and my friend we had about £4000 worth of gear we were using. Us British also build the best fishing rods in the world. At £550 a go it's very lucrative industry with a lot being made in the north east.
Do just how has being a member of the EU impacted upon charter fishing etc?

Yes he UK makes the best beach fishing rods in the world and buy they have tended to be small companies such as Zziplex Century, Connoflex etc and taking control of our waters will make little difference to them unless we ban or drastically cut commercial fishing to allow the fish stocks to recover.

The seaside towns have generally suffered a lack of government investment and igonicly it has been the EU that has been injecting money through its grand for impoverished areas

Our governments had money but chose not to invest in the costal towns and gave it away in tax cuts instead
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

14-07-2019, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Your correct, you can't rely on the numbers. There is a massive movement up here for Independence but it's never reported down south by the papers or the BBC.

The last poll showed sturgeon didn't have the numbers for second ref never mind winning one

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top