Join for free
Page 27 of 37 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 11:47 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles part 2

All this Spit seems to be giving, the recipients seem to have no choice in the matter, that cannot be right.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 06:34 AM

my local weather reporter warned of "odd thundery showers" - what ever they may be - we did have a very positive snow storm, followed by a sullen squally wind and then a petulant tsunami and I think I did notice a very cheerful sunbeam shower but "odd thundery showers" - there was I think some thunder followed by showers but there was nothing odd about that it happens all the time!!

I think we may get a fleeting fall of hale later - who knows - odd isn't it!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
All this Spit seems to be giving, the recipients seem to have no choice in the matter, that cannot be right.
It is a spit one sided I agree Spitty, but it begs the question for the superstitious amongst us, is it better to be spat on at birth and be lucky all your life, or be kissed had hugged and have no luck all your life? Strange how spit is associated with luck in many countries.
Some of the older folks here still have customs involving spit, I remember my grandfather, a countryman, I was a young boy and one day when he was giving me a tanner to go to the pictures it fell out of his hand and onto the floor, he picked it up, spat lightly on it, wiped it in his hankie and handed it to me saying, “There now that’s luck between us”. Then there’s the cattle traders in the markets spitting on their hands when making a deal. Women used to spit on their hankie or dress to wipe kids dirty faces, seen it on TV too when someone found a coin on Time Team, he spat on it and wiped it with his fingers, stick that in your health and safety, It’s a wonder any of us are still alive to tell such tales.
Those are facts but you are welcome to dis sputum.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 10:11 PM

John 9 New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Heals a Man Born Blind

9 As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him. 4 As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. 5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

6 After saying this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man’s eyes. 7 “Go,” he told him, “wash in the Pool of Siloam” (this word means “Sent”). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.

8 His neighbors and those who had formerly seen him begging asked, “Isn’t this the same man who used to sit and beg?” 9 Some claimed that he was.

Others said, “No, he only looks like him.”

But he himself insisted, “I am the man.”

10 “How then were your eyes opened?” they asked.

11 He replied, “The man they call Jesus made some mud and put it on my eyes. He told me to go to Siloam and wash. So I went and washed, and then I could see.”

12 “Where is this man?” they asked him.

“I don’t know,” he said.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

24-01-2015, 10:33 PM

The Lost Marbles

She knew she was losing her ‘marbles’
But didn’t know where they were going
She’d carried them ‘round in a sock knitted brown
But there was a hole needed sewing

She’d counted re-counted and re-counted
But she did keep forgetting the number
She’d once had two thousand before Xmas 2000
But know kept forgetting and slumbered

Still her feet kept moving in formation
And most times she could find were the broom was
But every egg that she boiled was hard and unspoiled
And the runny bit disappeared because……?

Sometimes the post box seemed to be fuller
And she put them all in with the others
She would read them one day she often would say
When she was less busy with her boa constrictor purple duster!

Sometimes she had visitors in white
Who were always so charming and nice
But she didn’t know why they dropped in and said hi
But she was glad of the company alright

One day she woke up feeling sweaty
And on the wallpaper she saw ambling Yetis
When she sat up on her shoulder she rolled off of the sofa
And landed quite softly in clover

But what she found strangest of all
Was she couldn’t stand up only crawl
And she’d forgotten her numbers
So couldn’t dial with her cucumber
Which she found quite annoying when sprawled

She seemed to have waited for ages
And her ‘marbles’ gone in small stages
But finally they came in white coats just the same
And took her away to “ Calm Gables”
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 10:53 PM

I've got a luvverly bunch of coconuts....
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2015, 11:11 PM

We have had several viewings for our house .In order to comply with the estate agents urging to avoid clutter, mountains of books & precious family history photo's and documents have been spirited away until further notice. The house is so different , we have wide open spaces & there is no need to hold in my tum to move around. I think that our minds can be a bit like that, but full of stuff that we don't want & don't need , generally getting in our way. There must be a principle at work here, but then again analogies concerning houses & minds are are only useful up to a point.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 12:00 AM

There may be a principal at work, just don't go Full Circle.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 09:49 AM

Do you mean it's all balls?

Spitty?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

25-01-2015, 10:08 AM

Depends on the angle of the balls, I was thinking linear.

Page 27 of 37 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top