Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 12:04 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Pugsy, trying o get my head round this one, any advice.

Used to doing the intro, but the vocal passages are a nightmare.
yep stop drinkin?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
How are you all, I’ve been busy catching up on a few jobs, had to have the heater on in the shed, I’m afraid the Summer is well and truly gone now.
So what’s new? Pug is posting youtube videos, Spitty has a new guitar, Gummy has gone very quiet, Sweetie is still her cheerful self, RJ I reckon is composing some of his poems, no better man than RJ for that.

I respect everyones right to have their own house rules, but I have my own visiting a house rule too.
I’ve been in a lot of houses, posh ones and poor ones and nobody ever asked me to remove my shoes and I wouldn’t dare ask them either if they visited me.
I was asked to do a job for an old boss of mine, a friend of his had him pestered to get it done, I completed it yesterday as a favour, he was good to me in the lean times.
So today I had to deliver the piece of jewellery to a woman’s house in Blackrock on the posh side of the city, the package was quite valuable, the reason I did not send it through the post. I rang the bell and when she answered dressed in a blue silk nightgown I introduced myself, then she asked me to remove my shoes in the hall and come into the “Library” I flatly refused and said if she did not take the package and examine the contents at the door she would have to call to my house where she could keep her shoes on and examine it in my living room, who knows she might even get a glass of sherry while there.
She put a “”who do you think you are” face on her then took the package inside while I waited, a few minutes later she came back with the cheque, I thanked her and left.

I got rid of all the carpets years ago, carpets are the biggest dust collectors in the entire house, not only dust but all sorts of dangerous bacteria, best not to have any carpets at all as far as I’m concerned, wooden flooring is far safer and easier to look after, as is good quality Lino.
If one wants the ultimate in house hygiene, best to ask your guests to remove all their clothes along with their shoes, clothes that have collected bacteria on the journey from their house to your house “Step up to the fire Molly and watch you don’t burn your bum”.
Come to think of it it could turn out a more interesting evening that way.
part of my family is 50% Thai - they will never enter my house with shoes on - I do of course but they have been so well trained in this etiquette practice that they find it quite embarrassing to change their practice and I would of course not insist they do. Your own practice I humble say seems rather rigid - have you always been so rigid or is that a trait of the Irish?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

03-10-2018, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Sorry????
he's saying he doesn't want to keep an eye on you!! OK?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

03-10-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
yes spittie and wot the feck do ya want us to do with that - apart from rude suggestions?? is this a photo of you in your younger days?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 01:02 PM

We Have Gummy back

You are looking good Gummy.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 03:28 PM

His Gibson.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

03-10-2018, 03:32 PM

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

03-10-2018, 03:33 PM

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 07:21 PM

My son would love all those guitars, he was in a band in his younger days, he’s 50 now and between working and his five year old son he hasn’t much time for anything else now.

I have several different nationalities in me own family Gumbud.
I don’t know, maybe it’s just an Irish thing, but as I said in all me life I’ve never been asked to remove my shoes entering someone’s house, until that toffee nosed snob asked me, and in a demanding way too, it was me who was doing her the favour because the brooch she had was so badly broken that she couldn’t get anyone else to fix it, it was in several twisted pieces as if it had been deliberately clipped up in temper by someone using a strong wire cutters, I’ve seen this ‘domestic valuables vandalism’ before on jewellery, usually the aftermath of a lovers quarrel. The old goldsmiths, and there are not many left in this town, know how to repair such damage, the newer ones never had the training.
I can understand the custom in other countries and I would naturally respect it if I was there. Of course if I was wearing mucky shoes or wellies I would not walk in and muck the place up, but I don’t were wellies in the city, actually I haven’t had a pair of wellies since I was a kid, and they were black, never green.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top