Join for free
Page 16 of 22 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 05:54 PM

Re: Nigel Farage

Communism is just capitalism run by the state.We have to get rid of capitalism altogether if we want a fairer society but that needs the will and the understanding of the majority and it's not going to happen ever,perhaps.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 06:02 PM

Communism never worked because humans have ego. Humans are not getting rid of ego anytime soon. It helps us survive.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Communism never worked because humans have ego. Humans are not getting rid of ego anytime soon. It helps us survive.
It keeps some poor and some rich it needs to be understood and used to better us not keep us at each others throats.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 06:14 PM

Communism hasn't worked because the majority didn't want it.It was forced on them by dictators like Lenin,Stalin,Mao...etc..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 06:53 PM

Indeed which is why it has to be voted for and the majority want it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
How did I know you'd be here asking questions again. My views were asked for I gave them. Nothing more. And yes I have read animal farm it was a fine example of a writer scared of communism and sharing.

And NO NEED TO SHOUT ! We aren't another country communism works differently in all countries we are not Venezuelans or Russians.
Julie whydo you have such a problem with questions?
That is the nature of discussion are we all to be dumb in the face of such obtuseness?
No we darn well are NOT Veneszuelans or Russians .
They have RESOURCES that we do not have .

Animal Farm one of the great allegorical works of the English language obviously made no impression on your good self.
It warns of the DANGERS of communism .
Dangers that have been shown to appear in every communist regime in recent history
Didn't you noticed what happened to the workers in the story ?
What happened to Boxer ?
What makes you think it would not happen here ?
I would think five minutes of listening to Abott and Chakrabarti
(Not to mention our Jem )would have given anyone a little inkling of our 'communist ' future.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

08-12-2018, 08:11 PM

Lol I know what he wanted to portray if you looked that bit closer and understood the times it was written in a little more you would see the real message. Never accept what you see straight away look deeper.

And it's only you question constantly no view can be left as it is, you have to make threads all about you making some grand gesture of asking asking asking.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 08:17 PM

No it's not just me at all.
Most intelligent people question things .
A right load of dummys we would be if we didn't .

BTW its Animal Farm not Old McDonalds .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I wasn't accusing you of that or anything else JBR, I was merely saying I have seen you here for years now and have some idea what your political stance is as I has assumed you would have worked mine out by now too. It seems odd to me you would need to ask my political views as I haven't exactly hid them up to now. But I can spell them out if you wish, I'm as close to being a communist as you can find in this country, I believe in nationalising the utilities, and believe public transport should be free, I would give people who need benefits more cash, and tax the higher paid until their pips squeaked.

I would suggest I am complete opposite to you but if not I apologise and welcome you to the dark side
I agree with your stated 'Communist' ideals (you should get on very well with Joe), but who would pay for them all?

Tax the higher paid and they'll be off to foreign climes where they can earn even more for lower tax. Where would the money come from then, when they're not paying thousands in tax to us as they do already?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
She was his childhood nanny and has been with the family for fifty years.
Yes, there you are then!

One less thing for the anti-Moggs to whinge about!

Page 16 of 22 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top