Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 09:08 PM

Picnics.

I was watching an old episode of Midsomer Murders the other night and there was a couple out on a picnic, two bicycles with the old wicker baskets in front lay beside them on the grass, a tablecloth was spread out and they laid all the utensils and goodies on it, they looked a bit silly sitting on the ground eating the food and drinking their tea with their knees up in the air. I've never been on a picnic, just didn't see the point of it, why be uncomfortable when you eat?, and what about the bugs and creepy crawlies?. Do people still go on picnics?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 09:25 PM

Re: Picnics.

We love picnics ! One of the main reasons we are making our own campervan for days out where we can cook and make tea etc in the van and sit out on the grass eating and drinking. Dogs love it too will be fun this year persuading our new Labrador puppy food on the ground doesn't necessarily belong to her. We also love meeting up with family somewhere for a big picnic where we all bring various dishes and have a fun day out, daft games of cricket (our own rules) rounders (definitely our own rules) and football (no rules at all).
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 09:29 PM

Picnic-lover here too!
After a long, miserable winter, it's lovely to get out and enjoy the outdoors!
Sometimes it may just be sandwiches and salad, and wine! on a blanket on the grass here at home. Other times we'll head off with all the trimmings to a quiet spot by a river or lake, and listen to the birdies. (And watch for bears!)
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 09:32 PM

Don't any of you get back pain or sprains from sitting awkwardly on the ground? or do you cheat and bring those little foldable stools?
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 09:33 PM

Trees are great for back support!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

28-05-2014, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
Trees are great for back support!
Yes a sound tree would be handy alright, forgot about them.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 09:58 PM

if I got down on the grass I'd never get up again!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 10:04 PM

Ive lost count of the amount of picnics ive been on , yes on bikes too .once my children could ride a bike on a road which was from the age of 5 ,we went forth with the flask, and sandwich boxes packed into pannier bags ,i was only looking at photos yesterday of picnics ..When we had our grandchildren for a week we packed the Hamper and took off in the car with them to a Canal ,where we sat on our picnic Blanket at side of the canal watching the Ducks .I have so many happy memories of picnics..
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 10:27 PM

Taking a picnic to see Tom Jones later on this summer. No chairs - the less to carry the better!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

28-05-2014, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
if I got down on the grass I'd never get up again!
That's exactly what the wife said when we were talking about it Honey. God when I think of all the trouble I had getting her on the grass when we were courting, fat chance I'd have getting her on the grass now.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top