Join for free
Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 10:16 AM

Re: Bodyguard

Originally Posted by TessA ->
He's claiming someone has been in his flat and sabotaged his gun, probably to prevent him shooting the baddies.
I thought the explosion was very realistic!
Yes, that makes sense.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 10:34 AM

Entertainment here may take all day!
Over a thousand comments already...

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...igher#comments

I like this...
"I'm not convinced the Home Secretary is dead - have a nagging suspicion the announcement of her death is a decoy to protect her from further attempts on her life.
And maybe live rounds were swapped for blanks at her insistence as she feared David might do something stupid when he heard the news of her 'death'..."
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 10:47 AM

I, too, think it's unlikely the HS is dead. Not for any reason given in the story thus far, but simple the practical reason that they don't pay a star to take part in only half of a series!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Oh yes! I even said that out loud to the telly! But then when we all thought David had killed himself I thought, oh what a choker if she WAS still alive.

I don’t find him right for the part, too wooden. When he woke up and began strangling Julia I thought that segment was poorly acted. It was like, ‘and action!’ Open eyes, remain in trance, strangle the person next to me. Didn’t convince me at all.

But I shall stick with it, seeing as nothing else interesting captivates me on a Sunday evening.

When l first saw him in episode one, l thought he was a bit skimpy in build and somehow looked not right for the part.

Then in the second and third episode he became more believable.

In last night’s episode, he looked skimpy again but maybe that was because his hair was different, he was wearing a baseball cap and no smart suit.

They say, clothes maketh man!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 12:37 PM

For me the most convincing actor in Bodyguard is, DCI Deepak Sharma Of The Counter-Terrorism Command (played by Ash Tandon).
He is so menacing and scary in the way he stares at people, especially at David Budd.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Does anyone else think that the Home Secretary Julia Montague is not really dead?
You mean as in a cover-up? That's a new slant to proceedings and I wouldn't put it past the programme makers to so this, but it's unlikely. How would the government officials explain that if she suddenly reappeared?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 02:58 PM

Weird how last week's episode largely passed the members by...

Anyway, from the moment when we found out in the hospital that the HD died (hell of a shock considering Keeley Hawes' star status) to David shooting himself (had we lost both of the series' main actors (!!)), this was yet another compelling and totally gripping scenario - and all that happened in just four minutes of screen time.

I normally like to anticipate what will happen next but with this it's anybody's guess with this brilliant piece of television.

A tremendous series.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 12:26 PM

On Jeremy Vine this morning they discussed an article in a paper saying that it's Islamiphobic, because it stereo types the bomber and his wife.
No matter which ethnic or minority group these tv programs portray as criminals, even if it's that group that are mainly committing these crimes, someone kicks off!
Pretty soon the perpetrators will have to be robots, then they'll want to know who programmed them!
Ridiculous!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 12:47 PM

Nice one Tess, couldn't agree more!
Absolute hogwash.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-09-2018, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
On Jeremy Vine this morning they discussed an article in a paper saying that it's Islamiphobic, because it stereo types the bomber and his wife.
No matter which ethnic or minority group these tv programs portray as criminals, even if it's that group that are mainly committing these crimes, someone kicks off!
Pretty soon the perpetrators will have to be robots, then they'll want to know who programmed them!
Ridiculous!
Hand-wringers. The root cause of all our problems.

Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top