Join for free
Page 15 of 25 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 01:23 PM

Re: Doctors - do you trust them?

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
we all expect all police to be shining examples of good policing; all nurses to be shining eamples etc etc etc - all doctors to be shing examples ; all lawyers to be shining examples and all of US to be shing examples - were does it all stop??

Ps: best wishes for your son Mickb by the way! - nt a situation that anyone of us would want to be in
Of course we do we pay for the service and should get decent caring people who know what they are doing, especially NHS staff they can mean the difference to a life worth living or hell for their patients !
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
This isn't a dig at the NHS - far from it, but it is a concern about the level of consistency in care between hospitals in the system.
Your post made be cringe MickB..........these incidents are shocking and sometimes hard to comprehend but undoubtedly happen.

I am pleased to hear that your son is improving and receiving the care he needs and deserves.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 11:22 AM

I hate going to the doctors. I recently went with a painful wrist and the new young doctor kept consulting Google about my problem.. In the end he sent me off with ibuprofen... I'm very unhappy about this & now have to go through it all again by consulting a more senior partner in the hope they will find out what's wrong..
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I hate going to the doctors. I recently went with a painful wrist and the new young doctor kept consulting Google about my problem.. In the end he sent me off with ibuprofen... I'm very unhappy about this & now have to go through it all again by consulting a more senior partner in the hope they will find out what's wrong..
I have a similar story, Carol. I consulted the doc a few years ago with a painful knee - his response - he never even glanced at my knee, never mind examining it. He directed me to a website where I would find knee exercises.

Since then I have had to pay out to consult a private physiotherapist, an osteopath, a podiatrist in an attempt to resolve the problem.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 11:50 AM

And to make things worse we are made to feel guilty if we complain, yet we pay their wages, if a Tradesman gave such poor service we would not hesitate to let them know.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
And to make things worse we are made to feel guilty if we complain, yet we pay their wages, if a Tradesman gave such poor service we would not hesitate to let them know.
But then one runs the risk of being struck off your doctor's list. Can't win.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 12:30 PM

Oh I am going to let them know alright. I'm making my next appointment with the senior partner and will tell her in detail about the young Dr and his Googling ... I don't know whether to be mad or sad!!
Indigo
UK

06-07-2014, 12:44 PM

Good for you, Carol! Don't forget to let us know how it goes!
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 02:08 PM

Had to change to a local ''conveyor belt'' surgery..

You get 10 mins..no more..

My ''doctor'' has never examined me..he sits and listens...and then prescribes me medicine that fit in with my description..

Self-diagnosis??
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2014, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Oh I am going to let them know alright. I'm making my next appointment with the senior partner and will tell her in detail about the young Dr and his Googling ... I don't know whether to be mad or sad!!
Yes let them know carol.....you have every right to complain.

Page 15 of 25 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top